Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bike Recovered by SWAT

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Recovered by SWAT

OMG, best story I have to tell you guys like right now.

Ok, my buddy David had a 2005 gixxer 750 and had it stolen last month right from his apartment complex. The bike was locked and was pinned between a dumpster and a car. In the process of removing the bike between the two objects, they scratched the hell out of the car and a bit on the bike.

So my friend was aimlessly been keeping tabs on a few websites such as craigslist, ebay, a few gixxer sites for people selling parts or bikes without titles. Well, he got lucky today and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem

The guy was located in Durham. He noticed that the front tire was dunlop and the rear was a pirelli strata (I sold him the new set of pirelli's a week before his bike got stolen) from the 4th picture so my friend went up to look at the bike in person at the guy's house. On inspection, he also noticed a few memorable scratches on the bike when he accidentally keyed the tank, the impression of a sticker that he got from the dragon, some more scratches on the side of the bike when the thieves were removing the bike from the apartment complex.

When the guy wasn't looking, he put his key in the ignition and it turned without a hitch. He shook hands with the ******* and said he'll come back tomorrow with a certified check. After he left, he called the cops on the SOB and within hours, SWAT and tons of cop cars were outside of his house and did a sting operation. Glad cops are finally doing something, but after my friend did all of the investigative work...

Old 10-31-2006, 01:11 AM
Default RE: Bike Recovered by SWAT

That was a good story

Old 10-31-2006, 01:32 AM

Wow, that's awesome, and your friend got really lucky. So, the ebay listing was indeed his bike? I noticed it said salvage title on ebay, I wonder how that was done or faked maybe?

Old 10-31-2006, 01:43 AM

frame was swapped. but his key worked for the bike. Somehow they got a key made for the bike...

Old 10-31-2006, 01:50 AM

Amazing, your buddy got very lucky. Also look at the seller's ebay id, it's got zero rating, means he just opened it to sell the bike , and payment options were suspisous, no paypal, only contact by phone. Just wonder how long it's going to take the investigation now, to return bike to the owner.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:58 AM

we are hoping a week or so. He really misses his bike. He was the 4th friend in our riding group (about 8 guys) that got their bike jacked since summer. Another friend has a 954RR that was stolen back in June. He got it back about a month ago wrecked. The guy riding the bike low sided because the front tire was bald, runs off the road and hits a house. The guy managed to get away on foot... Stupid lazy cops. I mean, the guy wrecks a bike going 55+ and still manages to out run the cops on foot?

Old 10-31-2006, 02:10 AM
Retired Moderator

That is awesome! Glad they got that son of a bitch for sure.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:13 AM

actually, it turned out to be two guys. The two main suspects were 20 (a latino and white). They had a previous record so I'm pretty sure this is a win for my friend.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:16 AM

I am glad my bike is garaged overnight, hearing how many bike are being stolen,that's crazy. Few days ago I rode out for a dinner and when going back to paking lot , I thought for a second my bike was missing, it was behind a car that pulled in the next spot. It was like my heart went down to my feet, hopeless feeling. I don't know what I would have done to someone if I catched him stealing my bike, he better be a good runner.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:21 AM

I'm sorta glad that my friend called the cops first before he called me. Cause if he called me first. I would have gotten 10 of my guys, went with my friend, and beat the living **** out of those two guys then we'd be the one's in jail. I've been a victim before and the same goes with my friends.

Quick Reply: Bike Recovered by SWAT