FAREWELL... (unless my bike is recovered)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAREWELL... (unless my bike is recovered)

Thats right ladies and gentlemen, as of the morning of august 17th i am without my bike. it was stolen in the middle of the night. I am at my moms house visiting from PA for a week and this is what i get for not bringing any of my locks with me. Hopefully the insurance will pay off good. They will settle my claim in 3 weeks so i might have some used aperral for sale and a few other usefull things I will no longer need. chatter box, swingarm stand, tool kit. a set of new tires. but i am going to wait till the insurance calls it a total loss (3 weeks) and gives me my check. i will probably wait till i get out of the marines and back home to GA in 8.5 months until i buy another bike. Dont get me wrong i loved this bike and i enjoyed the power, wheelies, 150mph+ speeds and all but all i ever got was into trouble with it. at age 22 married with a 5 year old i dont have the youth out of my system yet. i think i will buy something a little smaller just to get around and save a little more on gas like an sv650 or something like that.

Pics of her here---> https://cbrforum.com/m_138313/tm.htm

If you see it on the street take any information you can and contact polk county GA police. as well as hit me up with an e-mail... JWP6114@yahoo.com Thanks guys.

Its been fun and I would like to thank everyone in the forum for all the help, advice, pointers, and technical info provided by multiple members. DONCOLINS... thanks for the GPS bracket you so generously mailed to me at no charge. CHAINSTRETCHER ...for several pointers on aftermarket accessories and maintenance tips.

SEE YOU ON THE FLIP SIDE!

Old 08-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Default RE: FAREWELL... (unless my bike is recovered)

[&o]

Old 08-20-2006, 02:03 AM

Man I HATE to hear this sort of thing.[:@] TOTALLY ticks me off. And I'm truly sorry for your loss. I hope your insurance does very well by you.

Were you here in Georgia when it occured?

Listen, if you decide to sell all your accessories, etc., keep me in mind & email me at kwiseman@integrity.com I will likely be able to help you by buying some of your stuff. But I hope you are able to have a different outcome.

Again, VERY sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the low life that steals another's possessions.

Old 08-20-2006, 07:47 AM

yes it was stolen here in North West Georgia, i will let you guys know when i am getting rid of my spare gear. be about 3 weeks. i will post everything up then.

Old 08-20-2006, 07:48 AM

I wish they would have woken me up in the process of takeing it. I would loved to spray some OO buckshot at their vehicle.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: jwp6114

I wish they would have woken me up in the process of takeing it. I would loved to spray some OO buckshot at their vehicle.
I'd be interested to hear more of the story if you don't mind. You rode it down from PA? Were with family. Middle of the night? How many days you been there? What's house location like? Any suspicion or anyone you suspect? Oogling your bike in past day(s)? Any construction workers around?

I'm very curious how someone spots a bike & lays a plan to get it. Do you think it was a pro job? Or an amatuer who decided after seeing you ride by that bike could be his?

Obviously I'm trying to learn things that will help me protect mine etc.

What would you do differently if you could?

Thanks!!!

Old 08-21-2006, 11:22 AM

i took it down to GA with me in the back of my f-150, i think it was an amature job but the people who steel things after a while become more proficent at it. i would imagine that it was verry irly in the morning like 2 or 3 am. they probably backed a box van into my drive way and wheeled it up into it. I could have taken mesures to prevent it by taking my 3 (three) yes thats right three bike locks with me and i did not. i put one in the rear braake disc, and two (one on each) front disc. also i did not lock the handlebars. I was just getting verry lax and didn't think that crime was as bad in my moms neighborhood as it obviously is.

Here are a few things you can do if your bike gets stolen to help in the recovery process... go to the local handa dealership and give them a detailed discription and ask them to taake the vin# and a copy of drivers licence of anyone who try's to get a key made or buy a new ignition switch or brings it in for maintenance (people are that stupid). Repoet the same to any local locksmith's or key makers in town. (i.e. "if anyone brings in a motorcycle ignition and asks can you make a key for this" take there drivers licence info.

If you remember this post---> https://cbrforum.com/m_34707/tm.htm
I think someone might have tried to take it then and i know i had the handlebars locked. they might have dropped it and ran off thinking that they woke someone up.

here is a list of things i will have to sell when the insurance pays me:

i have a stock set of sprockets in great shape 2400 miles on them
spool type swing arm stand
solo seat cowlong
tool kit (never kept it in the bike)
chatter box system w/ manny extra's (HJC-50)
stock mirrors
stock exhaust
stock wind sheild
1 kryptonite disc lock w/key
1 Huge (i can e-mail u a pic) lock similar to kryptonite but a little bigger w/key, (impenatrable) verry weird key.
1 small lock i put through the rear disc w/ ket

I don't know if i should get rid of my riding gear??? i know i will buy another bike in a year or so.
I have a joe rocket ballistic textile jacket, (wife's) joe rocket cleo silver mesh jacket, joe rocket gauntlet typr gloves with carbon fiber knuckels and thumb gard. and 2 silver and black helmets. medium and youth large

Old 08-21-2006, 11:26 AM

Sorry about your loss jw! I'm pretty paranoid, because they've been stealing bikes at my work lately...it's only a matter of time...

Old 08-21-2006, 10:13 PM

i would defonatly recommend locking the handlebars every time you get off of it. theivs can't roll it onto a truch,van,or trailer verry easily. one of my co workers said he has seen some guys at a bike rally steel a bike by putting 2 long poles through the wheels and 4 guys carried it on to a van like that.

I got the insurance claim forms in the mail today, i will mail them out tomarrow afternoon, should only be a mater of a couple weeks til they write me the check.

does anyone have any knowledge of what % most insurance companies (state farm) pays out for accessories, they told me to send them recipets, luckily i kept them all.