FAV.....CBR600RR Vs YAMAHA R6

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAV.....CBR600RR Vs YAMAHA R6

Enlighten plz...

What are the similarities and differences please...???

Old 08-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Default RE: FAV.....CBR600RR Vs YAMAHA R6

your question sare never easy, try riding them and see what suits you. The cbr rr was brought out to compete against the r6 and as a newer bike is more cutting edge.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:43 AM

both are track breed.

that's about where the similarities end. the Yamaha is a faster bike, but it doesn't come alive until WAAAY up high in the power band, where as the CBR likes midrange and above.

you'll have to ride both to really know. we can list the mechanical differences, but that really means squat when it comes to function.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:44 PM

The RR is starting to show its age compared to the new R6 and GSX-R600

its relatively fat, slow, and behind on technology
the R6 also has a slipper clutch, "fly-by-wire" throttle and is lighter than the RR

I know this is a Honda board and to be honest I'm a honda guy but facts are facts and the new R6 is a faster bike

however its also more track focused which means its more aggresive (riding position) and its power doesn't kick in until high in the revs while the RR is relatively comfortable and more linear in its power band, meaning more midrange grunt

Old 08-17-2006, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

you'll have to ride both to really know. we can list the mechanical differences, but that really means squat when it comes to function.
+1. Never look at specs only when buying a bike or car- test them out for yourself.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

The RR is starting to show its age compared to the new R6 and GSX-R600

its relatively fat, slow, and behind on technology
the R6 also has a slipper clutch, "fly-by-wire" throttle and is lighter than the RR

I know this is a Honda board and to be honest I'm a honda guy but facts are facts and the new R6 is a faster bike

however its also more track focused which means its more aggresive (riding position) and its power doesn't kick in until high in the revs while the RR is relatively comfortable and more linear in its power band, meaning more midrange grunt
i agree with you. i'd rather ride an rr for street/track. but if it was a strictly track bike i would go with the r6.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: discohouse

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

+1. Never look at specs only when buying a bike or car- test them out for yourself.
that makes a lot of sense except that there are VERY few dealerships that will allow test rides and even fewer riders that will let anybody else ride their bikes so most of the time if your gonna buy a new bike test riding won't be an option unless you live near a very friendly dealership. Most in my area won't even let you sit on a bike in the showroom without a salesman there to make sure you don't drop it

Old 08-17-2006, 04:40 PM

You are right.

They dont even let you sit on it unless there is a salesman around you.

Maintainance wise what do you guys think will be better?

(I am just comparing to learn more...I love the CBR and I want to stick with it...but i guess it would be good know somethings about the great R6)

Also is it the same for CBR 1000RR and the YAMAHA R1

Old 08-17-2006, 05:13 PM

sorry, I should have said ride someone's bike if possible. Around here they pretty much BEG you to sit on the bike (unless it's a Harley Dealership!)- riding one off the showroom floor is a different story though.

My Opinion= Quality over anything else,but that's just me. You can always make a bike faster if you want to.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:25 PM

they're pretty much similar bikes and unless you're a pretty damn good rider you won't be able to tell the difference.

Quick Reply: FAV.....CBR600RR Vs YAMAHA R6