Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

this should get the pot stirring

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default this should get the pot stirring

idk if anyone will recall this.....but way back when, when i 1st signed on to this ****ed up place i posted up about a cop in my area that was in a highspeed pursuit w/ a motorcycle in my area and ended up rearending a pick-up at 120mph (the cop did) and pushed them into on coming traffic....remember....think back?

well two years later, the case is done w/ .......................

dashboard cam.... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2008102900100

im trying to find the ACTUAL story/link to post.....

Old 11-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: this should get the pot stirring

****, gotte leave. concert tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant find the info on the original accident. steve (camaro_forums) should know what im talking about, maybe he can find it.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So they acquitted him? I was thinking the whole time the video played, WTF is this guy thinking? Crap all in the lane and cars everywhere and he's doing 118. I dunno, if I did something that stupid I believe they'd put me in jail.

And that's not a bash at the police. Every organization has the occasional idiot.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok wtf. I'm not going to bash the cop too badly, as i already dislike them in general. But WTF was he thinking...this is why pursuits should be called off the second they hit triple digit mph, innocent people killed because of some gun-ho piece of **** poor judgment making cop...i'm pretty sure that even at that speed whatever bike he was chasing was still pulling on him wherever it was, use the radio for Gods sake. Then he turns around and gets acquitted for the charges?! WTF let a civilian do that and they will spend the next 25 to life in jail. Ugh idiots exist everywhere...this shows that even the police force isn't immune to that

Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 PM

Oh crap, what was that guy thinking? he should have just run over the tire tread. At that speed, he wouldn't have even felt it.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If all chases were called off at triple digits then idiots on 2 and 4 wheels would be doing those speeds all the time. You can't generalize this, it has to be case by case.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:18 PM

For some reason this reminds me of the time when a fireman got arrested... i know NO relation.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:39 PM

LOL...most cities here are under orders to let bikes go..DO NOT pursue. they will catch you later....

Old 11-05-2008, 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

If all chases were called off at triple digits then idiots on 2 and 4 wheels would be doing those speeds all the time. You can't generalize this, it has to be case by case.
All police pursuits that result in accidents and deaths due to the person being pursued are a result of poor judgment lying withing the officer, f the bs peoples luck will eventually run out, unless they actually just committed some horrible crime...catch them another day....case by case...hah yea we see what case by case is getting us...dead civilians and cops getting off the hook

Old 11-05-2008, 10:06 PM

[sm=yikesomg.gif]Oh my.

Quick Reply: this should get the pot stirring