Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

On a scale of 1 to 10...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: On a scale of 1 to 10...

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

ORIGINAL: woo545

You will never be happy with someone else until you are happy with yourself (by yourself).

I guess some of us will never be happy then.
Hey, yes you will ... it just takes time and some reprogramming is all ..this world and the media promotes happiness as in the things you own and the money you have ..its all about image and it has screwed a lot of people up .. its made people think they cant be happy unless they have material possessions and lots of them or they cant be happy unless they not only have a partner but the perfect partner ...this is all wrong, please believe that, its true. We have to go back to our more spiritual past ..people have to slow down and begin to "see" again ... take it easy on yourself, find some things that interest you and it can be simple things that dont cost money ..with me its photography and taking pictures to share with others .. there will be things out there that can make you happy ..once you find it things kinda fall into place ...

Jules

Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

ORIGINAL: woo545
You will never be happy with someone else until you are happy with yourself (by yourself).
I guess some of us will never be happy then.
I think, perhaps you may be looking at it differently, TK.

We are not perfect beings. We all have our own perceived faults. It is a matter of accepting our perceived faults as part of what makes us unique and improving the person that we are.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe i am. See when i am at my happiest is when i am out riding with friends, being with a loved one whether its family or a S.O. I cant really think of too many times when im happy alone. I have toys and things, but generally they only make me happy when i get to use them with others, bike ride, car cruise, at the track etc. I guess if everyone were to be wiped off the earth but me, i would be pretty miserable, but i dont really see how thats wrong i guess. I dont think i seek someone else to make me happy, or that its necessary, but why should i have to be happy alone when there is a whole world full of people out there.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:48 AM

Yeah, I probably worded it poorly. Living alone and being alone are two separate things. If you are happiest going out to party...well go out and party.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I think i did take it a bit the wrong way Woo. I dont party or anything like that (actually i dont even drink) but i do enjoy hanging with friends, and chatting with friends. If not for that i would be in a really bad place right now. I do know what you mean though as well. I have a big empty place inside me now, and i dont know that being (alone) is going to ever make up for it.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:34 PM

I agree with TK, Being around friends is where i have the most fun and am usually the happiest. But i also agree with whoever said you have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with anyone else. Not so much being happy alone, just happy with yourself, If you dont like what your doing or who you are how are you going to be happy doing or with anything? Life is what you make it, and you only have one of them so make it a good one.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 PM

i really dont want to dive to deep into it. im happy where my life is going im happy with the things i have. i just turned 24 and in school and am in better finacial shape then most people. its just hard for me to form social connections with people. i dont have very good relationships with women the last one ended for me 3 years ago and she came back around and messed around with my head and talked me into selling my bike and left. most people dont like me. i dont feel i truely have any freinds and most times i feel completly alone. if it wasnt for my job or school i would litterly spend 99% of my time alone.

most of the things that i do out of shear boardem. like in the summer i work a second job even though i make far more then i need at my current job i put 400 bucks in the bank every month and blow more money on useless stuff. i bought a bike becuase i wanted another one but i bought the 1000 dollar special becuase it gives me something to do so i dont think about things. i just try and keep very busy.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

I'll jump in I suppose - this thread exposes who's optimistic/pessimistic. Mines a 10. My life was all ****ed up when I was younger, so I appreciate what I have now.

Good
1) Got my health
2) Good wife & kids (all healthy)
3) Great career
4) Fixed mortgage at good rate
5) Managed to buy 1st bike in this crappy economy
6) Two more months of Bush

Quote: when you're at the bottom, the only place to go is up. Suicide is for pussies.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 PM
RCR

Man sometimes Im the happiest being alone. Maybee since its just quite no one bugging you, lay on the couch watch a movie and scratch all I want. Hanging with a group of friends more often then not gets to be choas after awhile and sometimes Me time is needed.