Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

On a scale of 1 to 10...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: On a scale of 1 to 10...

I gotta go with a 7, things could be better had I made better choices ... but Im still on path to get a BS in anything so things are going to get better.

Actually, 7.1 because I finally got Skittles back together last night and went for a successful test run at 11:30PM!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 08:17 AM

Hmm, I have two phenominal kids, a wonderful wife, a rewarding job that I love, a fine home and cool cottage. The only things I would improve is doing more with my spare time such as travelling or volunteering. So... I'd say probably a 9.

I count myself lucky and I appreciate what I have. I also feel for those that aren't as fortunate.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would say probably an 8.. I recently graduated college and have a mechanical engineering job making more money than 90% of the people in my hometown. Have a great gf, awesome job, (like x) few but very trustworthy friends, a bike, car, food in my stomach and a place to sleep at night. I am very thankful and appreciate everything that I have considering not everyone is as fortunate. Helping anybody that I can at any possible time makes my life go from probably a 6 to what I have rated it at 8. It brings great satisfaction knowing that you helped someone.

The only thing that I can complain about in my life is that I've noticed growing up dreams start to go away.. Example being: when I was a kid, my parents didn't have a great deal of money. So things like having a motorcycle and a nice car were dreams. Now that I have grown up and make more money than I need all of the things I dreamed of are reality. And that part is great having what you dreamed to have.. but then what happens, those dreams are gone and now you have no dreams. Having a dream/goal is what motivates me to push harder in life. So it feels the only flaw in my life is coming up with new dreams or goals.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:40 AM

shoort, being a 9 doesnt mean your full of yourself it means your happy and thankful for the things you have in life.

1 guy could have beautiful supermodel wife, $500k house, and the newest Ducati 1098, and guy #2 could have a difficult wife and an apartment, and a old beat up hurricane, and the guy with less could still think his life is a 9 and the rich guy a 5 because its all perception and thankfulness/appreciating what you DO have.

after reading through this thread i remember the things i need to be thankful for, and stop worrying about what i can't buy and remember i have more than most out there.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ hey, im not married!! lol, in all seriousness, i am thankful for what i have, but finances are the only thing that get me down. like many have said, i have a place to sleep, food to eat, and a few extras on top of that so when it really comes down to it i dont have anything to be really depressed about. i would say about a 7 because there are so many other people out there that have it worse.

As for the 9s, cmon shirt, youre just being difficult now for no reason. you dont want to rate your life, then dont, but you dont need instigation comments either, move on. consider this your 'be civil warning', drunk or not.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:08 PM

I'd rate mine a solid 6. I'm on the upswing and have learned valueable lessons early in life that will allow me to go far. I'm about to have aBS in Comp. Sci and have many interested employers.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:39 AM

4, life sucks, if your not getting walked all over, then your walking all over someone else....and I seem to be the one getting walked all over....

Old 11-01-2008, 08:43 AM

Wow! Where would I rate my life?! I give it a 2. Eh, maybe a 3. Depression's a bitch, and medication doesn't seem to be an option any more.

It's nice to have a bike again, but it doesn't improve my life over all.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:04 PM

i rate my life a solid 6; i dontl ike complaining, and im grateful for what i got. I mean, im healty, and i got a beautiful sis and mom. However, i feel like a loner sometimes, i just started college and im just starting to meet people lol all my highschool buddies dipped to different schools, so i guess its normal at my age to lack a social life. But im satisfied with evrything i got.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:18 PM

Last week? Id have said somewhere from 6-8. This week, Id give it a solid 4.

-Got my tongue pierced last week, used too much mouthwash (I used it after every meal, like they f**king told me to), and Im fairly sure I have oral thrush now. I have something white on my tongue [:@]
-Financially, Im not really confident. I think I have enough in the bank to last me while Im at school, but Ive done the math and I can just say its going to be close.
-My girlfriend of over 14 months decided its over yesterday... Im honestly taking it infinitely better than I thought I would, but its still depressing and Im still not exactly happy with her decision
-I hate the apartment Im living in (Im in a valley, so no cell service, my roommate across the hall is f**king annoying as hell, etc)

But on the bright side:
-I realize Im intelligent
-Ive never (and I mean never) had to actually try to get a girlfriend
-I didnt start smoking again this weekend (after the breakup... going on like 8 months now. Quitting for good ftw!)
-I generally realize that I live a good life... life has its ups and its downs... unfortunately, I seem to be at the nadir of one of those downs right now.

Quick Reply: On a scale of 1 to 10...