Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

that*s messed up

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: that*s messed up

I hate incidents like this, cops need to be educated on what vehicles that they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of catching, so that other means can be used, nobody else was hurt and thats a blessing, but it's obvious, more and more people are running, whether it be in a econobox or on a bike....new laws/rules need to be instated

Old 12-18-2008, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

I hate incidents like this, cops need to be educated on what vehicles that they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of catching, so that other means can be used, nobody else was hurt and thats a blessing, but it's obvious, more and more people are running, whether it be in a econobox or on a bike....new laws/rules need to be instated
Yea totally agreed. That is what I was trying to get at

Old 12-18-2008, 09:24 PM
VP

the issue with creating a policy that says "the police do not chase vehicles that are speeding" will specifically tell people that if they accelerate to a certain speed they are guaranteed to get out of a ticket. there needs to be legal consequences to a person attempting a high speed chase...in that, they either get caught, killed, or get away vs. they get killed or get away.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:37 PM

The police shouldn't let them get out of the ticket. They could easily radio another car ahead and create a friggin road block for all I care. There are just different ways with dealing with speeders then chasing them and putting people in danger. If a person is already unstable (drugs alcohol ect.) do you really think that attempting a high speed chase is an effective way to bring them to a stop? No. If anything its going make them run, thus putting innocent lives on the line.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: TechTrix

The police shouldn't let them get out of the ticket. They could easily radio another car ahead and create a friggin road block for all I care. There are just different ways with dealing with speeders then chasing them and putting people in danger. If a person is already unstable (drugs alcohol ect.) do you really think that attempting a high speed chase is an effective way to bring them to a stop? No. If anything its going make them run, thus putting innocent lives on the line.

I think the whole problem with this theory is that you have to assume that the person driving the car is the actually person the car is registered to.

what if the cops shows up the the house and the car is stole an hour before hand and never got reported becuase the person the owned the car was at work?

what happens if the cop shows up at the door and the owner says well i wasn't driving the car prove that i was?

Old 12-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Be easy to prove he wasn't driving in this case....................[X(]

It's never easy to legislate for stupidity. Kids will be kids, and steal Dad's Porsche, and his wrath is far worse (they think) than anything the police can throw at them.....so they run.
We need to get away from this whole mindset that running is 'cool' and gets you off the ticket.....
Maybe reduce the ticket if the guy stops promptly, and double/triple if he runs and is caught ?

Anyone remember the idea of 'good Samaritan' awards ?
You could have points ADDED to your licence if you were seen doing a good deed which was vehicle related........Don't know if it could ever work, though.