Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

that*s messed up

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default that*s messed up

Wondering why I*m stuck in traffic and see the sign saying all lanes closed 2 miles ahead and find out the reason why: (the chase wasnt unusual but flipping over a median in busy mid afternoon traffic is bizarre)

Car chased by police plunges off overpass, kills 2
The Associated Press
Thursday, Dec. 18, 2008
1 hour ago

ATLANTA (AP) — A yellow Corvette being chased by police plunged off an Atlanta highway exit ramp, killing the two people inside in a fiery crash and tangling up traffic for hours.

A Georgia state trooper began chasing the Corvette about 2 p.m. Thursday for speeding and an abrupt lane change.

The Corvette raced north up the busy interstate connector through the middle of downtown Atlanta busy traffic onto an HOV exit ramp at Piedmont Avenue, went over a wall and plunged 75 feet into southbound exit lanes below.

The flaming wreckage led highway officials to inspect the exit ramp for any damage. None was found and the highway was cleared by 5 p.m., but rush hour delays were extensive.

The occupants of the Corvette have not yet been identified and it was not yet known why they fled police.
Link to story

Old 12-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Default RE: that*s messed up

dumbasses got what they deserved. Glad no one else was harmed from their stupidity!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally think that for a cop to chase a fugitive is one of the worst ways to handle a situation. After a certain amount of time of chasing, it should be called off. I mean all they're doing it making the criminal panic, and a panicking criminal controlling a speeding two ton piece of metal is never good. Cops put hundreds of citizens lives in danger as well as their own when they pursue a criminal thats determined to get away.

Why dont they just grab the plate number and radio ahead?

Old 12-18-2008, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: TechTrix

I personally think that for a cop to chase a fugitive is one of the worst ways to handle a situation. After a certain amount of time of chasing, it should be called off. I mean all they're doing it making the criminal panic, and a panicking criminal controlling a speeding two ton piece of metal is never good. Cops put hundreds of citizens lives in danger as well as their own when they pursue a criminal thats determined to get away.

Because if they did every tom/dick/and harry would run then esp all the think they are badass bike riders that already run every chance they get.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ORIGINAL: TechTrix

Because if they did every tom/dick/and harry would run then esp all the think they are badass bike riders that already run every chance they get.
Amen, PG has it right. If you didn't chase offenders then all the wanna-be top speed posting no0bs would be running all the time and giving us responsible riders an even worse reputation.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:22 PM

Darwinism at it's finest.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:24 PM

I didn't say they shouldn't be held accountable, I just think there are far better ways of doing it that don't put innocent lives in danger. If a criminal is going to run, they will regardless of what the policy of the police is

Old 12-18-2008, 08:32 PM

And if they don't see the plate tucked under the tail (because you can't be cool if it's visible) then they just say *oh well*. How do they hold them accountable? You run, you pay the price. There are rules in place and 99.x% of the time no one gets hurt. If they let these people continue their idiotic ways them someone is more than likely guaranteed to get hurt.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Retired Moderator

I think there are times when chases are called off right? I think there aretimes cops are instructed not to chase motorcycles...or am I making stuff up?

Old 12-18-2008, 08:41 PM

Thats my point, you think just because cops chase people its going to keep them from running? Obviously thats not the case.

Oh yea I better not run cause the police are going to chase me down. Im sure thats what they're thinking.

And its not "You run you pay the price" its "you run and civilians pay the price along with maybe a few cops"

Quick Reply: that*s messed up