Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Running from the law??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbear
That is completely contradictory. If you're only going 10 over, you're not going to be running... or at least you're not going to get away. Hell, most of the time a cop won't even bother pulling someone over for doing 10 over.

There are no statistics on people that police choose not to pursue, so I can't argue with your assumption that "most" people get away, but I'll say this. Many cop cars have cameras that specialize in identifying license plate numbers from the front, rear, and side of their car. On top of that, factor in air support that can be easily called in. The bottom line is, you're an idiot to run. You can't outrun a radio.

Anyone who chooses to run from police is endangering themselves and more importantly those around them, and they are the ones who give the rest of us a bad rap. I, personally, resent that. If you speed, and most of us do, you are accepting the risk that you will be caught and ticketed. Luckily karma will catch up with those people who choose to do stupid speeds and run from cops sooner or later. Statistics tend to hold up in the long run.

There's a time and a place for everything. If you think you're some hot shot doing 140 on the freeway, you should go find a track so the people who really know how to ride can make you look silly.
i think you used the word contradictory wrong! that was just an example, it was just a reference towards the ridiculous amount of people that run for the tiniest things, and some police WILL pull you over for 10 over, and a lot of irresponsible people would run for it.
i obviously wasnt talking about the people that the police dont try to pursue, as i said i dont think pursuets should happen in the first place,i was talking about the people that blatantly run. one of the major cities had an article in the news paper about whether or not police should be able to pursue, and the article said that they only catch 1/3 of the people they ACTIVELY pursue.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingfree9
i think you used the word contradictory wrong! that was just an example, it was just a reference towards the ridiculous amount of people that run for the tiniest things, and some police WILL pull you over for 10 over, and a lot of irresponsible people would run for it.
i obviously wasnt talking about the people that the police dont try to pursue, as i said i dont think pursuets should happen in the first place,i was talking about the people that blatantly run. one of the major cities had an article in the news paper about whether or not police should be able to pursue, and the article said that they only catch 1/3 of the people they ACTIVELY pursue.
Let's enter the mind of a squid for a moment...
1st thought: Cops won't chase me if I'm doing 120 mph
2nd thought: Speed limit is now 125 mph

A person that would run from the cops would intentionally ride above whatever hard restriction place on pursuits. Most riders would represent an extreme danger to the public at 125 mph. I could care less if the idiot ran into a brick wall at whatever stupid speed he was doing... IF he was the only red splatter that day. But the majority of riders are surviving purely by LUCK at those speeds. They don't have the skills required to do anything except ride in a straight line. At which point the bike and the laws of physics are doing all the work. 1 pothole, 1 near miss, 1 factor outside that straight line and we then have 350+ lbs of metal hurtling down whatever road ready to take out anything in its path.

I believe the police should actively pursue until they A) Have air support or B) Have enough information to kick the ****er's door in and beat him over the head with their rear tire. And when they take the idiot to court part of the punishment should be to force them to completely disassemble their bike (down to the washers) and watch the court sell the pile to the first person to offer them $1.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

80 % of the "runners" are usually the ones that are getting the shackles put on for "priors"
and or outstanding warrants and other life issues & stuff the other 20% tend to be younger
operators who simply need to learn a really good lesson or in some cases poop in their britches
and panic and flee

Rule........if ya get bagged ....take it on the chin...the LEO will respect ya more for that
alone...... fight it in court if it's not legit...that simple. if ya get the shackles on ya ..............
put a zipper on your face until you make a call & help arrives.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:02 PM

I'm faster than a radio. . . cough

Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by halffast1g
HELL YEA! jonny cash aint got nothing on me!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by halffast1g
Originally Posted by flyingfree9
HELL YEA! jonny cash aint got nothing on me!
I really hope you two are just joking, if not the word stupid comes to mind...

Old 02-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

However you try to justify it or turn it back on them for chasing you, running from the cops is stupid and dangerous for all parties and you deserve everything that is coming to you. I hope the only person affected by your stupid choice is you.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Still trying to figure out how some people think turning a minor traffic violation into a felony evasion charge is a good idea. Did they look anything like this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhLKg4DRoLo

Make sure you watch the end when he leaves the courthouse on his well over 200mph suzuki (just knew it had to be a suzuki), funnier than hell.

On a side note, alot of people brag about what they'd do if someone said that to them, or how they'd show the cops who tried to pull them over, etc etc. Mostly BS. There are people who just run, and get away with it a bunch of times. But all it takes is not getting away with it once, and your screwed. Make up your own mind, the rules aren't different for sportbikes, follow em or not.
this dude was a idiot. Im glad he dumped his bike in frontof the court house!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Still trying to figure out how some people think turning a minor traffic violation into a felony evasion charge is a good idea. Did they look anything like this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhLKg4DRoLo

Make sure you watch the end when he leaves the courthouse on his well over 200mph suzuki (just knew it had to be a suzuki), funnier than hell.

On a side note, alot of people brag about what they'd do if someone said that to them, or how they'd show the cops who tried to pull them over, etc etc. Mostly BS. There are people who just run, and get away with it a bunch of times. But all it takes is not getting away with it once, and your screwed. Make up your own mind, the rules aren't different for sportbikes, follow em or not.
Just fscking amazing... what a true idiot. I am kind of glad I didn't buy a GSX-R only because of the idiocy that gets associated with them.