Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rimstripes!?! To do.. or Not to do..

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rimstripes!?! To do.. or Not to do..

Just a poll .. i already have them but have been debating putting them on.. they are white and match the paint. Lemme know what you think..

Name:  009-5.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  119.6 KB

Old 04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Default RE: Rimstripes!?! To do.. or Not to do..

yea do them, why not?
i think they look good and make it look alot sportier.
i want to do them but idk where i can get a blue to match mine

anyone know where i could get them?

Old 04-07-2008, 03:42 PM

Yay 1000 Posts!

On another note... I think white rim stripes would look pretty sexy... hell, even silver wouldn't look too shabby. I've been thinking about doing mine for a long time... but I may have seen something else that may persuade me another way... the lure of powdercoating. (Which, by the way... might be something to add to the pole... something like powder coating the rims white? Too much?)

Old 04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered Users

ugh...i put them on mine and i have gotten nothing but compliments...that being said...i REALLY wish i would have gotten precurved as they did not go on as well as i would like....the stretching and pulling is frustrating...plus you can't get them 'exact' and i am having some bubbling issues on one edge....so i love the look, not the application...i am going to try and use a hair dryer to heat em up and press out the bubbles which if that works, it will look a TON better....

if i had my way....(and i will probably do this later)...i'll have the rimstripes painted on with reflective paint....that way i know they will be permanent with no pealing and will be perfect...

soooooo...i say 'sort of yeah'....haha

Old 04-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered Users

hey Lrn...congrats on #1000 (don't mean to thread jack!)[8D]

Old 04-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Banned

Have you seen what they would look like with photoshop? I would do that first if you are un-sure. This is always a question for me with my bikes as well. Especially when you have to go with another color then red. I think it will look good, but I would like to see it done on a photoshop first. Atleast that's what I will do when I get my new plastics.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:54 PM

do it they are sexy if done right.... or what lrn has said pc those bad boys white

Old 04-07-2008, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

Have you seen what they would look like with photoshop? I would do that first if you are un-sure. This is always a question for me with my bikes as well. Especially when you have to go with another color then red. I think it will look good, but I would like to see it done on a photoshop first. Atleast that's what I will do when I get my new plastics.
I would love to.. but with Photoshop.. 1 i dont have it...

2 Me on Photoshop is like a Blind, Deaf, Mute trying to give a speach at the UN.....

but if you would like to throw some white stripes on there for me with p-shop it would be much appreciated..

thanks in advance.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Banned

lol.... I know what you mean. I bet Blue would hook you up. He doesn't seem to have anything else to do.

I have zero skills! I can barely keep my fingers on the home row of the keyboard, let alone do any type of drawing.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Lrn2Go

Yay 1000 Posts!

On another note... I think white rim stripes would look pretty sexy... hell, even silver wouldn't look too shabby. I've been thinking about doing mine for a long time... but I may have seen something else that may persuade me another way... the lure of powdercoating. (Which, by the way... might be something to add to the pole... something like powder coating the rims white? Too much?)
I amseriously considering the same wheels Red600RR has but in white or silver..... i would just like to pay my taxes first... lol..

Quick Reply: Rimstripes!?! To do.. or Not to do..