Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Related to anyone famous?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Related to anyone famous?

i am related to sarah moulton some how, ya know the girl on the cooking show, we have the same last name lol and my dad says shes a 2nd or 3rd cuz to him somehow, i wasnt really listening.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Mad

Yep, that very same Eli Whitney who invented the cotton gin. Maximilian I was Austrian who became the Emperor of Mexico. Let's just say he died young. My mom has some of his heirlooms.
Cool...

I don't know much in the way of history outside of the U.S. and Europe...sorry for the dumbness on the Max thing. No offense meant.

So, as far as Eli...

Whitney was born in Westborough, Massachusetts, on December 8, 1765, the eldest child of Eli Whitney, a prosperous farmer, and Elizabeth Fay of Westborough. Very early in life he demonstrated his mechanical genius and entrepreneurial acumen, operating a profitable nail manufacturing operation in his father's workshop during the American Revolution.
I would be willing to bet, you have some engineers in your family.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

i am related to sarah moulton some how, ya know the girl on the cooking show, we have the same last name lol and my dad says shes a 2nd or 3rd cuz to him somehow, i wasnt really listening.
You should listen to who and where you came from. It helps give you direction in life.

In my case, it gave me a gunslinger, crazy, wild, attitude and little else.

But, maybe some of you will have better luck. Hehe.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:11 AM

Well, also I guess I get my sense of always going after the bully...in High School, (I used to beat up the jocks who picked on the scrawny nerd, defenseless types)...

Even at my current job...a guy who sells stuff for the company...arrogant , liberal, (and I think possibly gay) jerk.

I had to put that dude back in line...scared him to death. I think the Big Boss, whom I like kinda, liked that.
He always gives me raises and is flying me to to the Steelers vs Seahawks game this Oct. (He's originally from Pittsburgh....season ticket holder.

But...I'm digressing..

I always run into someone who is an *******, and I just feel the need to go about correcting the guy.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Mad

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

Well, also I guess I get my sense of always going after the bully...in High School...even at my current job.

I always run into someone who is an *******, and I just feel the need to go about correcting the guy.
Dude, just admit it you want to shoot a ****!!!

J/k

Old 08-25-2007, 12:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Mad

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

Well, also I guess I get my sense of always going after the bully...in High School...even at my current job.

Dude, just admit it you want to shoot a ****!!!

J/k
There are times when yes, I envy the old west days, when to solve a problem, men handled things like men.

They didn't cry to the cops, or sue each other...they just drew their pistols...and...problem solved.

Life was simpler...easier back then.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:27 AM

My great great great great great great great great great greatgrandpa's great great great great great great great great grandpa was a Mongol who's great great great great great grandpa was related to Genghis Khan.

Come to think of it scientists did say that about 70% of the world population had mongol hereditary genes. As far as any mongols concern every mongols great great great great was related to Gengis Khan.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Kikn

My great great great great great great great great great greatgrandpa's great great great great great great great great grandpa was a Mongol who's great great great great great grandpa was related to Genghis Khan.

Come to think of it scientists did say that about 70% of the world population had mongol hereditary genes. As far as any mongols concern every mongols great great great great was related to Gengis Khan.

Holy crap...Genghis is right up there with, Alaric (one of my fave guys in all of history), Attila the Hun as far as fearless,
people moving, leaders of people...I mean a great mass of followers, devoted friends and fighters.. Alexander the Great...

Good stuff.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:35 AM

[quote]

Genghis Khan's practices [edit]

Simplicity It is not entirely clear what Genghis Khan's personality was truly like, as with any historical person without an autobiography. His quotations and historians' documents provide insight into his character. His personality and character were moulded by the many hardships he faced when he was young, and in unifying the Mongol nation, especially dealing with murder of his father at young age and therefore losing tribal protection, kidnapping of his fiance Borte, supporting his mother throughout their abandonment, trying to find ways to unify the people and betrayals from his allies particularly Jamuqa, Toghrul, etc. Genghis Khan fully embraced the Mongol people's nomadic way of life according to his quotes and did not try to change their customs or beliefs. As he aged, he seemed to become increasingly aware of the consequences of numerous victories and expansion of the Mongol Empire, including the possibility that succeeding generations might choose to live a sedentary lifestyle. According to quotations attributed to him in his later years, he urged future leaders to follow the Yasa, and to refrain from surrounding themselves with wealth and pleasure. He was known to share his wealth with his people and awarded subjects handsomely who participated in campaigns in the book The Secret History of the Mongols. [edit]

Honesty and loyalty

Genghis Khan seemed to value honesty and loyalty to himself highly from his subjects. Genghis Khan put some trust in his generals, such as Muqali, Jebe and Subudei, and gave them free rein in battles. He allowed them to make decisions on their own when they embarked on campaigns on their own very far from the Mongol Empire capital Karakorum. An example of Genghis Khan's perception of loyalty is written in The Secret History of the Mongols that one of his main military generals Jebe had been his enemy and shot his horse. When Jebe was captured, he said he shot his horse and that he would fight for him if he spared his life or would die if that's what he wished. Genghis Khan spared Jebe's life, Jebe betrayed his former commander, and he became one of the powerful, successful generals of Genghis Khan. Yet, accounts of Genghis Khan's life are marked by claims of a series of betrayals and conspiracies. These include rifts with his early allies such as Jamuqa (who also wanted to be a ruler of Mongol tribes) and **** Khan (his and his father's ally), his son Jochi, and problems with the most important Shaman who was allegedly trying break him up with brother Qasar who was serving Genghis Khan loyally. Many modern scholars doubt that all of the conspiracies existed and suggest that Genghis Khan was probably inclined towards paranoia as a result of his experiences.[citation needed] [edit]

Military strategy His military strategies showed a deep interest in gathering good intelligence and understanding the motivations of hi

Old 08-25-2007, 12:44 AM

I'm making some quick quotes from wikipedia...so don;t believe but about half of what is written.

The people who do articles for wiki...are usually correct in only a very general sense.

Often times...they are outright stupid and just plain wrong.

For anyone, Pat, Genghis, Eli, you have to do some real research...and Google and wiki are about half assed.

Just keep that in mind.

Quick Reply: Related to anyone famous?