Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.

So now when I stop people and they are nice they are just kissing my ***. Man I thought that there were still some people out there that did not hate cops. lol just kidding.
Nothing here sounds like *** kissing to me. Notice when one polite the other generally is, although pacemaker you are the exception lol. You really must have been hauling to get him that fired up.
I generally do not start stopping vehicles until they are at about 15 over the posted limit. Most people know they are speeding when they are stopped and handle it well. Others will always hate the police and always blame them. I get this a lot lol.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:32 PM

I've been pulled over a "few" times (tee-hee), but only twice on bikes (both on my Ducati). Always polite, but I volunteer NO information. Both times Itook it to court, and since I was polite and respectful the Trooper(s) dropped the tickets. Since then, I've actually rode with one of the troopers (he has an R1, good guy), and raced (!) the other in his cruiser through some backroads...THAT was a good day. Treat them how you want to be treated, and things usually will come out ok in the end. Unless you get a power-hungry *****...like the one who got me for 6 over in my old Porsche 944. Or the one who got me for 7 over inthe BMW 535. Or the one who searched me because I was wearing a heavy-metal t-shirt, and thought it would be "probable cause"...**********.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Brandon77

I can understand being courteous, but some of these posts are just *** kissing. Just be respectful and take what you get. Sometimes the courtesy will catch you a break, sometimes not, but being an *** kisser isn't going to help.
lol...true, but its all in the tone you use aswell.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yea i dont try and be overly polite, just nice, ie: not a d*ck.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:28 PM

Well, I am glad most of you had good run ins when you got pulled over. I was stupid and got hit hard. I went to the harley shop just to walk around and saw the New Buell Special edition 1125s. Beautiful bike and had no interest in riding it. Well after pressure of 1/2 hour and being told I get the free water pack for test riding I took it out. Went to the closest road where speeds are 55 and got antsy to see how quick it gets up to speed. Well like I said I was stupid and not thinking and got popped for 113 in the 55. Yes I know I was stupid, the only good thing was it was mid day with little traffic so that was never a concern. Needless to say $706 for the fine and 6 points. I can take a dd course to take 2 points off but that is all. Only good thing is I have a great driving record so I am not terrible worried about my rates. So if you all feel the need flame away, I know I was stupid, I did do everything politely, stopped as soon as I saw the cop in the mirror which would not stay up, and never once bitched or argued to the cop( hoping that would help a little bit).

I could have gone to traffic court to plead not guilty and hope the cop would not show and my case would get dismissed, but my luck he would show and I would have absolutely no defense. So that is my story. Sorry it is not uplifting but I know now not to ever ride that fast mid day in Anchorage, or really anywhere for that matter.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The cops in my place respect the bikers alot.... seriously.

However theywill be staring mad at the bikers all the time; thinking how and when the hellthey are going to own one...

I even never had been asked for my licence or road tax whenever there is a police blocks either, be it getting a speeing ticket.... I guess the culture of owning a superbikes is a very luxurious asset and not many can own them, so those riding a superbike must be really 'someone'...................

Old 06-26-2008, 01:43 AM

Wow thread from the past. I've never even seen it before, created before I existed on here hah. I've been pulled over only once on my bike...

Old 06-26-2008, 03:40 AM

Sadly our class of bikes are fighting an uphill battle to earn respect and understanding amongst the rest of the world. Were not lawless speeders and daredevils, sure they exist, but the majority of us are just like the next guy in line. Everytime you do the right thing and pull over like your suppose to thats one more mind you have influenced to see us differently.

P.S. I get pulled over like once a month, and all they ever want is to know if im drunk...I don't think i weave, because I NEVER drink and ride : /