Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.

Wow. This thread was dug up from the past, LOL!

Anyway, I've since been pulled over in my friends Acura RSX doing 47 is a 35 (the road used to be 45 a while back, and I often forget). Bike cop immediately pulled me over. I was polite, courteous, but I still got a $115 ticket. The officer was very nice and polite, but I guess you can't get out of them all.

I've noticed (as 2QK4U2C has aswell) that I get MANY more warnings on my bike than in cars. I think they assume we're going to be ******, and then are pleasantly surprised when we are polite and courteous.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[sm=happy046.gif]
Finally! Not that it's great to be pulled over or anything, but last night I was crusing on a 2lane highway with no one around and was just playing around weaving in my lane and after a little while I noticed someone comming up on me from behind.

Look a little closer and theres the bubble on top. This goes for about 1~2 miles and then I decide to turn off to lower my stress and as I turn off he threw in the lights. Had some fears of raising my insurance rates and paying a fine, but it turned out to be nothing like that.

I pull over and shut down pull the helmet and all that. He comes up (younger guy) and says to the effect that he had me seen me swerving and had me clocked at 67mph in a very somber tone. He was more cuerious about my swerving than the speed, so I told him that I have a new front tire that needs to be broke in and that I figured it was a decent area since no one was around. He understood and took my liscene to check me out.

Comes back and says to just keep the antics within limit and that he's actually looking to get a bike. Sat and BSed with him for a while and did my best to talk him into a Honda Shadow of some kind since he wants the cruser style. Zero stress and am happy to say that I finally had a pleasant run in with the law for once. That's one good start to go against the countless marks I've had in the past.

That's all, good day!

~NothrernFirepower

Old 06-25-2008, 09:53 AM

Once again this thread is brought from the dead. On a side note about helmets, I find that running into a gas station to pay for gas with helment on makes people real uneasy. They think you are robbing the place, same goes for walking into the bank. Just my personal observations. People like to see faces.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:29 AM

I've been pulled over on my bike twice now in 8 months. One was for a 56 in a 30mph and the other one was for running with my Highbeams on at night.

1st incident: Was polite to the officer, he cut me a break and only wrote it for speeding. I showed up to court, well dress and very respectful. Officer actually stood up for me infront of the judge and recommend that the charge be dropped after a drivers improvement course.

2nd incident: Again, polite and removed the helmet prior to the officer arriving next to me. Also in full gear.
O: Do you know why I pulled you over tonight?
Me: No officer, I believe I was going 28 in a 25mph.
O: Yes, your speed was fine but as you passed me, I was blinded by your highbeams.
Me: I'm sorry officer, I didn't realize they were on...let me check.
Me: Sure enough. I'm sorry about that...let me turn those off.
O: Do you have your license?
M: Yes. May I reach into my jacket and remove my wallet sir?
O: Yes.
M: Thank you. Here you go.
O: Please wait a few minutes while I check your information.
M: Take your time officer.

2 minutes later.
O: Here you go(handing me back my license) Please be more careful next time. Ride safe.
M: Thank you officer. Will do.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:19 AM

It's not a good idea to tell an officer to take their time when they go back to their car. It's a smartass comment that sounds to them like you're ready to get outta there.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Had a nice pleasant visit with a state patrol 2 nights ago in my camaro. I was hitting a highway on ramp and i had the yeild, well he pulled over and let 3 cars go past so he could get in behind me, so i knew i was done for. Got about 3/4 of a mile and hit lit me up. We were both very pleasant in tone and chat, but it didnt matter this time. He said he pulled me for no front plate, which is illegal. In the end got ticket for no front plate, illegal tint, partial missing sticker on rear plate (some of the color on the year wore off i guess from washing, and cant tell its 08 very well), loud exhaust, and no seat belt. Total damage just under $500 for the stop [:'(], only good thing i guess is no fix it tickets, so at least i dont have to re-tint my windows, or drill holes in my bumper for a license plate.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:48 AM

Maybe its just me, but I have not been pulled over in the 2.5 years I have been riding. *knocks on wood*

Old 06-25-2008, 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Maybe its just me, but I have not been pulled over in the 2.5 years I have been riding. *knocks on wood*
Pansy rider!! [8D]

Old 06-25-2008, 02:13 PM

I can understand being courteous, but some of these posts are just *** kissing. Just be respectful and take what you get. Sometimes the courtesy will catch you a break, sometimes not, but being an *** kisser isn't going to help.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 PM

I've been (ahem) pulled over a few times by cops, Australian (or at least my states) force are a little different in their approach, & I have to say that the "Polite" way you guys have of dealing with them.....well lets just say that it would either annoy the crap out of the attending officer or you may unexpectedly start to receive a dozen long stem roses & poetry recital invitations from an ardent admirer. My 1st ticket went something like this, now I had been having a friendly dice with a CB900 on my Kwaka, the cop, which I didn't know was chasing me (we had passed him on the Freeway while he was booking a car, but that was 20 klms back, but I did see him running for his car) so I thought he was well out of the picture. I was about 1 click from home, when I saw him, lights flashing in my mirrors, so I pulled over, put the bike on its stand, got off the bike, he went passed, hit the brakes & I waited for him to walk up.
Police guy: "Wot the f*ck do you think your f*cking doing?" "Do you now how long I've been f*cking chasing you?" Me: No not really, from the Freeway?". Police guy: "From the f*cking freeway" Do you know how fast you where going". Me: "No not really, pretty fast". Police Guy: "Was there a reason for you travelling that fast?". Me: No, not really, what happened to the other bike?" Police Guy: 'Never F*cking mind what happened to the other bike, can I see your license" Which I gave to him, "Are you still living at this address?" Me: "Yes".
Police guy: "Look, Im getting f*cking sick of scrapping you bastards off the road & having to tell your parents that their dim witted sons have been killed in another bike accident, its not right, do see where I'm coming from" I nodded, & looked me up & down & then he "smiled" & said "Because it took me so bloody long to catch up with Mr EvilbloodyKnievel, I've only got you on the radar for doing 70 in 60 zone", He then issued the ticket. Police guy: "Look, if you have to speed on the piece of sh*t, just make f*cking sure its not while I'm on duty or because if I catch you again I'll stick that bike & the friggin helmet up your ****".

Quick Reply: Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.