Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A Priceless Face

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007 | 11:17 AM
Default RE: A Priceless Face

ORIGINAL: mycvil

No way in hell???
3 Kids + Dog=> 7+ Passenger vehicle
Small/Medium SUV (Equally dorky and way smaller thanMinivan) = 16MPG
Large SUV (Very sexy) = 11MPG
Minivan = 20MPG
Gas >= $3.10/Gallon

Minivan becomes Sexy (OK liveable) - Ya think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it!

Oh, & Stop that burnout $hit at stoplights by my van friggin squid.
Huh my 07 mountaineeer gets 15.5 mpg in the city. A town and country minivan gets 17 mpg in the city.

I'm sorry I'll glady give up 1.5mpg for not being a soccer daddy. :P

Old 11-11-2007 | 11:19 AM
Banned

The older I get, the more I love seeing smoke pour out the rear of a vehicle, it is something that just seems so right. I think I'm gonna get some bleach and fire up my Big Block Vette.

Old 11-11-2007 | 11:40 AM

my 07 mountaineeer gets 15.5 mpg in the city. A town and country minivan gets 17 mpg in the city. I'm sorry I'll glady give up 1.5mpg for not being a soccer daddy. :P
Fit yourself, your wife, 3 kids,a 70lbdog, a monster stroller, 5 bags, lake supplies in your Mountaineer and we'll talk. To do this you need a Suburban - Mountaineer won't do the trick - Suburban = 11MPG - Our Explorer is good only for winter driving when we leave the dog at home, and then it's still cramped in the back for the kids.-Thenewer Ford SUV's must be soo much better on gas - if I get 12 on my Explorer (5.0) I'm jumping for joy - Pulling our pontoon home I got 8. - GEEZ - Semi's do better than that! - Worst ever was pulling 2 sleds pushing a wind in -15 weather - 6 MPG, - Had to fill up every 1.5 hours OUCH. - That vehicle sits from March till October.

he has lost his ********* and handed them to his wife
As far as retaining my ********* - I was able to pickup my F4i with my wife's knowledge - I'm still wearing the pants in my family. I know plenty of Tahoe driving manly men that ask how high when the wife says jump.

Old 11-11-2007 | 03:55 PM

Thanks for being yet ANOTHER bad example in traffic. I hate getting looked at like I am a damned criminal because of jack asses screwing off around the general public. I mean, I love a good burnout or wheelie just as much as the next guy, but I try to be an ambassador to the sport instead of a bad example.

Old 11-11-2007 | 04:24 PM

nauree =! kids

Old 11-11-2007 | 05:58 PM

I'm not a fan of the Mommyvan, but you can remove the seats, and tie down the bike to the seat anchor points inside... Just a thought.

Scratch that... I learned to drive on an old Toyovan, and then mom traded it for a Windstar and I drove that until I got my first job and got my first car. I actually like minivans, I just prefer sportscars, so that's wat I got myself now that I can afford them.

Although OldFat's molester van, and the converted conversion van will give you a lot more space, a minivan would do just fine in a pinch to go to the track.

I'm still debating between a dedicated hauler (used and ratty), or just putting a hitch on my old (now my wife's) Sportwagonand getting an enclosed motorcycle trailer.

Old 11-11-2007 | 07:15 PM

I still drive a minivan, why? it was free and i am to poor to complain. I could have bought a car recently but instead i stuck with the van and bought my bike.

as far burn outs to show off to a kid, i usaully just give them alittle engine rev.

Old 11-11-2007 | 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: mycvil

my 07 mountaineeer gets 15.5 mpg in the city. A town and country minivan gets 17 mpg in the city. I'm sorry I'll glady give up 1.5mpg for not being a soccer daddy. :P
Fit yourself, your wife, 3 kids,a 70lbdog, a monster stroller, 5 bags, lake supplies in your Mountaineer and we'll talk. To do this you need a Suburban - Mountaineer won't do the trick - Suburban = 11MPG - Our Explorer is good only for winter driving when we leave the dog at home, and then it's still cramped in the back for the kids.-Thenewer Ford SUV's must be soo much better on gas - if I get 12 on my Explorer (5.0) I'm jumping for joy - Pulling our pontoon home I got 8. - GEEZ - Semi's do better than that! - Worst ever was pulling 2 sleds pushing a wind in -15 weather - 6 MPG, - Had to fill up every 1.5 hours OUCH. - That vehicle sits from March till October.

he has lost his ********* and handed them to his wife
As far as retaining my ********* - I was able to pickup my F4i with my wife's knowledge - I'm still wearing the pants in my family. I know plenty of Tahoe driving manly men that ask how high when the wife says jump.
this thread is sooo off the topic of orig. but i might as well chim in, all that stuff to carry... thats why my next vehicle is a f250 turbo desiel and im going to get a nice trailer to stick my bike in there for the track days.... god forbid if i end up with more than 2 kids ill be able to stuff them in a 4 door truck and anything else can be in the back ( or if need be ill pull the enclosed trailer too)...

back to impressing lil kids, two lil kids were so xcited when they say me and my buddies passing us they unbuckled thier seat belts and jumped up on the seat to wacth us pass them, they waved and i waved back at them whilie ridin by. haha it was kinda funny really, i never seen a kid jump up on a seat so fast.

Old 11-11-2007 | 07:26 PM
Retired Moderator

I have to admit something...we had a minivan while I was going to highschool. I used to drive it around when I first got my driver's license. Oh well, it will be our little secret.

Quick Reply: A Priceless Face