Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pets

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cBrentb
the dachsun in missynet's post is adorable i love it and love my parents long hair dachsun lucy but, where i live i rent a three bedroom house, the land lord (turns out to be the crazy cat guy) lives here too and has three cats. they were all good at first....cats suck to live with im sorry but these damn cats have almost ruined the entire house if it was not taken under control by me. rule now is that the little critters get kicked outside when the owner is not home because they poop and urinate at will were ever they please if you dont watch em. and one shoots up into the freaking walls taking ****s...can we say flame thrower. the other seems to enjoy eating live squrrels and save them for when he is let inside only to barf it up some where..usually where u cant find it with out a two day full exploration of the house. land lord crawls into the space to retrieve it like he's proud to do it...im like really??gross. third one just sits there and stinks the place up. i can hardly stand it, CATS and litter boxes are nasty and SMELL FOUL all the time. scurrying around, sitting around caughin up furr *****, eat, ****, sleep, they can only be petted when and if they want you to pet them, thats bs... im like wtf? who the heck wants that around...good for nothing p.o.s. , never lived with cats before and never again. and who the hell wants to have a box of cat **** and urine kept inside anyway..thats just beyond discusting. ha ha i make him qurrintine and close all that nastyness into his bedroom so it doesnt foul up the whole house and he just does it with a smile and seems like he doesnt mind the smell of cat ****..weirdo. give me a nice dog, a fishy, something... gees. my palce is still kept clean as a whistle, but damn. anyone want some free cats with shipping paid for?

Lol but no seriously I hear you. I am a definite dog person... Unfortunately our landlord put the kabosh on our plans to adopt the collie. Oh well, all the more reason to stop renting and to buy.

My gf loves cats and wanted to get a kitten but I stomped those plans. Whats the point of having a pet that hides all day only to come out when it demands attention from you?

Old 05-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The landlord doesn't mind the smell because after a while you get use to it and you don't smell it anymore. Not all cats are that way. I recommend if you are going to get a cat to get one when they are 8-12 weeks old. My 3 week old kittens the first time they jumped out of the birthing box went straight to the litter box I had set up next to it and started using it. It's all how you interact with your pet on how his behavior will be. My cat is an indoor cat, never goes outside, uses the litter box religiously and it's in her own closet so the smell doesn't roam the house. The only problem with the cuteness of kittens and puppies is after about 12 weeks they grow into cats and dogs. Once the 3 little ones are old enough my daughter is keeping one and the rest are out of here.