Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pets

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1 year old cat who had kittens (3) 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I was doing some work on the truck at my friend shop and his wife pointed out this litter of 2 day old kittens mired in with the drums of old oil. There were originally 6 kittens but I could only find 2 remaining. I figured their only chance was to ****** them up and take home to momma and hoped she would adopt them since she is already feeding the other 3. It was touch and go for the first 6 hours with her reluctantly taking them in. She would willingly let them in the box but would growl at them on occasion and then she would pick them up and take them out of the box. Well it looks like they all made it through the night and she has accepted the little guys. One big happy family now and I feel good about saving the little ones.I'm not sure momma would have been happy if I brought home 6 more for her to tend to.

Name:  IMG_05791.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  64.7 KB

Old 04-27-2013, 06:23 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Missynet
Ps, Love the ferrets, I think they are amazingly appealing.
I was thinking for a Australian sugar glider for yrs, but havent managed to get there yet. At the moment I am keeping eye out for two red or grey squirrels, they are like cats but more energy
Thanks. The farts are a great pets. Very playful and energetic, but they love to get into trouble. They definitely keep you on your feet

Old 04-29-2013, 10:35 PM

I used to have 3 ferrets but had to get rid of em seeing as we had to many pets and couldn't take care of and afford em all. I do miss em thoug they were super fun even if they were pain in my *** most of the time lol. We do have though 7 lizards, a cat, and a puppy:

2 girl leapord geckos: ahprodite and stukas (stukas was our 1st pet)
1 boy trempe giant leapord gecko: buddy
2 male bearded dragons: Drako and Rockie
1 blue tounge skink: Zeus
1 okeetee corn snake: Aries
Cat: missy
And our newest cutest addition our blue merle corgi: turbo

Going take few min but will post pics, don't have any of Aphrodite though
Name:  image_zpsf83bc328.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  64.2 KB
Name:  image_zps3390b7ab.jpg
Size:  138.2 KB
Name:  image_zpse8126fd0.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  62.7 KB
Name:  image_zpsd9bfe21d.jpg
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  image_zps9ee06fff.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  74.1 KB
Name:  image_zpsbac657fe.jpg
Size:  223.4 KB

Last edited by Stukas87; 04-29-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:57 PM

And here's the fuzzy ones!
Name:  image_zpsc1c16247.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  217.7 KB
Name:  image_zpsb71bed78.jpg
Size:  232.0 KB
Name:  image_zpsba630620.jpg
Size:  260.3 KB
Name:  image_zps3f9f077d.jpg
Size:  247.4 KB

Last edited by Stukas87; 04-29-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 PM

At my dads house I have a cat who I have nicknamed Chairmen Meow. He meows until he gets his way, it can get quite annoying sometimes. His other names include his original name Ted, theo, nanuk of the north (he goes out and plays in the snow for some reason, like runs through it and drives head first into snow drifts haha), Sir Theodore Ringtail, and a host of other ones we think up randomly. He's a good cat, just annoying sometimes. But once you get him to come and sit with you he'll stay there for hours and just sit next to you and keep you warm, you just have to pet him every 15 minutes and he'll kind of drift right back to sleep.
Name:  Zj2KCA1.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  603.6 KB

Name:  2nASLPF.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  435.8 KB

At my moms I have two cats as well, they're boring and fat though haha, then again they've gotten older and Ted is just a young fella. The two at my moms are good to grab if you want a little heater though haha

Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 AM
Welcome Crew

here`s my mutt, bingo he`s called, he is a rescue dog and he is mad and its been hard to train him but he is getting there. we have had him about 18 months and i wouldnt be without him.

Attached Thumbnails Pets-image0150.jpg  
Old 04-30-2013, 03:28 PM

I have Daisy, the wonder dog - shes a 9 year old cockerpoo. Only trick she does, she taps on doors when she needs to go out...

Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 PM

i have a Siberian Husky, her name is saskia
Pets-saskia.jpg

Old 05-08-2013, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by o1marc
I have a 1 year old cat who had kittens (3) 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I was doing some work on the truck at my friend shop and his wife pointed out this litter of 2 day old kittens mired in with the drums of old oil. There were originally 6 kittens but I could only find 2 remaining. I figured their only chance was to ****** them up and take home to momma and hoped she would adopt them since she is already feeding the other 3. It was touch and go for the first 6 hours with her reluctantly taking them in. She would willingly let them in the box but would growl at them on occasion and then she would pick them up and take them out of the box. Well it looks like they all made it through the night and she has accepted the little guys. One big happy family now and I feel good about saving the little ones.I'm not sure momma would have been happy if I brought home 6 more for her to tend to.

Sadly the day after the little black one opened his eyes he went down hill and died a week after we brought it home. The other little one has a big bump near its eye, I'm not sure it will make it either. They say what ever problems the kittens will have will usually show up with in a few days after opening their eyes.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:45 AM

the dachsun in missynet's post is adorable i love it and love my parents long hair dachsun lucy but, where i live i rent a three bedroom house, the land lord (turns out to be the crazy cat guy) lives here too and has three cats. they were all good at first....cats suck to live with im sorry but these damn cats have almost ruined the entire house if it was not taken under control by me. rule now is that the little critters get kicked outside when the owner is not home because they poop and urinate at will were ever they please if you dont watch em. and one shoots up into the freaking walls taking ****s...can we say flame thrower. the other seems to enjoy eating live squrrels and save them for when he is let inside only to barf it up some where..usually where u cant find it with out a two day full exploration of the house. land lord crawls into the space to retrieve it like he's proud to do it...im like really??gross. third one just sits there and stinks the place up. i can hardly stand it, CATS and litter boxes are nasty and SMELL FOUL all the time. scurrying around, sitting around caughin up furr *****, eat, ****, sleep, they can only be petted when and if they want you to pet them, thats bs... im like wtf? who the heck wants that around...good for nothing p.o.s. , never lived with cats before and never again. and who the hell wants to have a box of cat **** and urine kept inside anyway..thats just beyond discusting. ha ha i make him qurrintine and close all that nastyness into his bedroom so it doesnt foul up the whole house and he just does it with a smile and seems like he doesnt mind the smell of cat ****..weirdo. give me a nice dog, a fishy, something... gees. my palce is still kept clean as a whistle, but damn. anyone want some free cats with shipping paid for?

Last edited by cBrentb; 05-08-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Pets