Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Peoples reaction to lane splitting.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Peoples reaction to lane splitting.

ORIGINAL: halik008

ORIGINAL: Donohu40

Cutting off in general. There is absolutely no need for cutting people off, ever.

Some people cant control their emotions while driving and feel the need to cut someone off for w/e reason, but it is wrong no matter what.

I guess the only instance where cutting someone off would be good is if they're headed for a cliff and you need to stop them from driving off of it, or something to that extent.

I wasn't trying to argue for lane splitting. I was just venting because some ******* in a bmw almost put me into an 18 wheeler because he didn't want me to get by him. And please dont say "oh well you shouldn't have been lane splitting, cause that never would have happened", I already know that and so does everyone else. There is just no justification for PURPOSELY endangering someones life. If its an accident then that is a different story. But I saw this guy looking at me and he knew exactly what he was doing. Luckily so did I so I backed off and went to the next lane.
maybe he didn't feel safe having you next to him? It's his decision, he has the full rights to that lane. You have non. He's completely withing his rights to block you from coming into his lane. I'm not saying letting you coming in next to him and then sway into you. I mean denying you the use of his lane before you get next to him.

Hell just watch out paranoid people are about having things close to them. Ever notice how people tend to stay away from construction cones? They give themselves so much space that they are almost of the center divide.
I would agree with you, except this guy went from his lane to inbetween the right and middle lane. And I wasn't riding next to him, I was coming up to him and he waited until I was just about at his rear quarter panel to make a sharp swerve into me. I dont try to ride next to cars in lanes. When I lane split I try to stay on the opposite side of the line from the car unless there are two next to each other, and then i usually just stop lane splitting until theres some more room. This guy went out of his way to try and make me either crash or at the very least **** myself. Its one thing to block someone, that is annoying and all but I can get over it. Swerving to scare someone into not passing you is something that just irritates the hell out of me because it doesn't do him any good and could potentially kill me. If all people drove the way they should and pay attention to the road then I think lane splitting could be legalize everywhere, but theres just too many uncontrollable factors for that. If all cars drove in the center of the lane and looked before switching lanes then there would be plenty of room for bikes to go through, but that is kinda beside my point. I just dont like people tryin to get mehurt or killed.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 PM

What part of lesbians don't you understand? I thought we had shifted gears to something more constructive... but I guess I was wrong... C'mon... let's drop this

Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

let's drop this
I'd rather get it up, where's the thespians? I guess there's a bunch still back in De-Motivational or Thong, but jeez, I love them so much I want new ones

Old 11-01-2007, 12:52 AM

I was lane splitting with some buddies... (im in cali, its legal...)

we came up to a red stop light and excused ourselves to the front... 3 of my friends went, then my turn a big trucker pulled to the left and blocked me. I Looked up and he was yelling all crazy. I through my hands in the air like wtf!? He turned around and grabbed a bat and opend up the door... I moved forward, he closed it, my friend moved up and we flipped him off.

I got to the next like and the dude kept driving

Old 11-01-2007, 06:25 AM

Old 11-01-2007, 06:31 AM
Banned

I can't bench my own weight. Am I a chump?
No, but you really should work out a little bit. A grown man at a minimum should bench his own weight, if not rep it as his workout. It isn't anything but like changing your own oil, filleting a fish, using a chainsaw. These are MAN things, you really need to work out a little.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: halik008

lol the lane is already backedup up because of other jackasses that are/were cutting in.

No cutting in = constant flow. You have no argument unless you can come up with a way that defies physics.
You are saying that "cutting in" is the only cause for a backup? Your logic is mind boggling. Then again, maybe I didn't explain the situation properly. After all I'm not perfect. Would re-wording the situation really make a difference with you? I'm not saying that you agree, but just that you understand my logic. If you want physics, how about this:

The rate at which the cars are approaching the merge exceeds the rate at which the cars are leaving out the other end.

The backup has nothing to do with people "cutting in." The people "cutting" is actually an effect and not a cause in this situation. An effect that can be controlled by filling both lanes equally and people being curteous to one another and taking turns at the point of merge. Everyone would get through close to or exactly in the same order in which they originally approached the initial backup with no opportunities for "cutting in(ers?)". I can post a diagram to illustrate this better, if it would make a difference.

The fact that you feel that you are correct and those in the left lane automatically are wrong closes the idea that there maybe other perfectly valid solutions to the situation. Which is also why you would feel justified in trying to running someone off the road and cause accident in order to get everyone to get into your line of thinking. The problem there's more than one problem. [ol][*]There is a backup[*]People cut in line (which does cause a change in when someone could potentially get through)[*]Haters who will try cause an accident by trying to cover both lanes with their vehicles[/ol]Your thought process allows 2 which indirectly causes 3.
My approach prevents 2 and 3 from occuring in the first place.

The problem with right and wrong thinking is the fact that it is a matter of an individuals perception. Just like the concept of fair or not fair. The word "should" is based on an individuals viewpoint of fair which is linked to their perception of right and wrong. The only problem is that not everyone agrees on what is "right" and "wrong". They feel justified that their way of thinking is the only way. Kindof like Hitler, the KKK or terrorists.

The world is full of gray areas. It's not all black and white. Going through life with that amount of closed mindedness is going to be a life of disappointment and frustration.

NOTE: that is not meant directly towards you and is not a personal attack. It's just the way my thought process segwayed from your comment.

Either way, you feel you are right, I feel I'm right and we may never see eye-to-eye.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:45 AM

They hate being in a cage and want everyone else to suffer as well! I had one joker try that with me and I took his mirror out. Hey, lane splitting was legal there and if somebody swerves at me he should expect what he got!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

ORIGINAL: Donohu40
Why should some chump that can't bench his own weight see any time on the field except for carrying the water bottles out?
I can't bench my own weight. Am I a chump?
No, but you're either obese or a wuss. Edit: Or a female, which is perfectly acceptable in that case.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:02 AM

only time I have ever done so was on the highway when its a stand still...and I dont really lane splite, just ride that little space between the wall and the cars....might not be legal, but my bike fits there with plenty of room, and I always get a few people that are pissed b/c my bike fits and their big BMW doesnt so they block me....

as far as going between cars when they are moving, wont do that, had a guy last week do that on the interstate between me and a semi....just thought about how stupid he was b/c I didnt see him, and I was about to get over and the next thing I know their goes the squid with helmet on the back of his bike....if you lane split and get hit, dont bitch about it...b/c its your fault....I wont block someone from doing it nor would I care if I was at a light stopped, but on the interstate or any where that traffic is moving is just stupid...bikes are hard enough to see, why lessin your chances?

Quick Reply: Peoples reaction to lane splitting.