Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Peoples reaction to lane splitting.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Peoples reaction to lane splitting.

i live in ca, and i lane split often, wut i dont get is when i pass someone lane splitting on the freeway at night the flash thier high beams a lot and than try to ride my ***. i mean what did i do, scare you or somthing, you should be checkin yur mirrors anyway.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Why would you intentionally put a rider at risk? If he is inexperienced, then you pulling in front of him probably has a bigger chance of causing an accident than his anticipated move of passing you.
A. It's illegal in MI
B. I don't want inexperienced rider next to me when i'm riding let alone driving
C. I'm habitual speeder doing 5-10 over posted speed limit so if he wants to lane split me then he really has to be gunning it and again i don't want him next to me.
D. He's riding unsafe.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Why would you intentionally put a rider at risk? If he is inexperienced, then you pulling in front of him probably has a bigger chance of causing an accident than his anticipated move of passing you.

BTW i don't mind when people lane split in traffic jams. I'm just kicking myself for not riding myself heh.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: halik008
Simply wait your turn like everybody else and don't try to complicate the situatuon.
I fail to see what turn everybody else is waiting for? This isn't an amusement park and your waiting in line to get to "ride" your house. Let the bike in the front of the pack. The bike is faster than 99% of the cars out there. I know when I'm first at a light I leave everyone in the dust so its physically impossible for me to be slowing you down, so therefor you wait on nothing. If someone were to pull some stupid crap like on me indangering there lives dont think for a sec I wont bash your vehical if you get close enough to me. Try to follow me all you want but i'll be long gone.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Simply wait your turn like everybody else and don't try to complicate the situatuon.
I fail to see what turn everybody else is waiting for? This isn't an amusement park and your waiting in line to get to "ride" your house. Let the bike in the front of the pack. The bike is faster than 99% of the cars out there. I know when I'm first at a light I leave everyone in the dust so its physically impossible for me to be slowing you down, so therefor you wait on nothing. If someone were to pull some stupid crap like on me indangering there lives dont think for a sec I wont bash your vehical if you get close enough to me. Try to follow me all you want but i'll be long gone.
Everybody is waiting for their way thru the intersection..... you are no special then anybody else.

Your bike is legally as fast as any other vehicle on the street bud.

lol if you are close enough to bash on anybody car...they are close enuff to clip your rear tire in response. Have fun eating pavement!

Old 10-31-2007, 05:18 PM

Everybody is waiting for their way thru the intersection..... you are no special then anybody else.

lol if you are close enough to bash on anybody car...they are close enuff to clip your rear tire in response. Have fun eating pavement!
The fact is my lane splitting is not going to change your position though the intersection. My bike my be legally fast but that doesn't mean each car is as fast as much.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:20 PM

I should of made my original post a little clearer.

1.) I only lane split when traffic is crawling. And I dont blow by like a jackass. I cruise by minding my own business.
2.) I know its illegal. I didn't ask if you think its illegal or not.
3.) Comparing cutting off a lane splitter to helping catch a guy who stole a purse is crap. Its more like shooting a guy because he stole a purse. Sure what he did was wrong and illegal, but shooting him isn't the right thing to do EVER. You would go to jail if you did that.

Im very surprised that some people on here that ride say they would cut off another rider. And even more so about cutting off an inexperienced rider. There are people that regulate what people do on the roads... they're called cops. Any rider that would honestly cut off another rider regardless of what they are doing is a giant douche.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:23 PM

I hope you eat **** on your bike. You are a douche...

Old 10-31-2007, 05:28 PM

if you are close enough to bash on anybody car...they are close enuff to clip your rear tire in response. Have fun eating pavement!
Lets back up for a minute

If the car is close enough to clip my rear tire...I am close enough to bash your car.

What sinceable rider is purposely going to be as close to a car as possible. Most crashes involving motorcycles are cagers faults.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Donohu40

I hope you eat **** on your bike. You are a douche...
acutally i don't eat or drink while riding.

Quick Reply: Peoples reaction to lane splitting.