Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Peoples reaction to lane splitting.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peoples reaction to lane splitting.

I know lane splitting is bad, but why do some cagers react by turning into you? I just can't figure out what is going through their head. They have two choices, they can just mind their own business and drive like everyone else, or they can turn into you and possibly cause an accident. I'm trying to look at it from their perspective and I just cant figure out why you would want to do that. I assume they could care less about my life or property, but why would they want to potentially hurt their own car? And what do they get out of swerving infront of you? It can't be because they are doing some good because swerving to cause an accident is just bad and two wrongs never make a right anyway. All I can think of is that they are **** they are in traffic and they want everyone else to sit there with them, like that kid back in the day that bitched about you cutting in the lunch line because your only buying one little thing with exact change so your not even holding up the line, but they're pissed cause they gotta wait for their stupid school lunches that taste like **** anyway. Except maybe when they had pizza, that was alright. It's like "wtf, all im gettin is a god damn milk and Ill be done before you're even ready to pay anyway, get off my nuts." They're the people that want everything to suck equally for everybody, like those stupid parents that bitch when their son doesn't make some sports team. If their son wasn't a damn midget and had some athletic ability then maybe he'd have a shot, but why bring down the whole team cause you want him to have an equal part in the team. Maybe instead of wasting everyones time they should get their kid in the weight room pumpin some iron so he can actually compete instead of just suck. When I was on my highschool football team I played a lot because I put the extra work in to get stronger and better. Why should some chump that can't bench his own weight see any time on the field except for carrying the water bottles out? And then there is the people that mess with peoples **** cause they're jealous because they're losers and can't afford nice stuff. I'm poor and i make the best with what I have, but I never feel the need to go mess someones fancy car up just because I can't afford one. Why not instead of spending time bringing other people down just go out and make your own situation better? There's no excuse for not striving to be better. And if people dont like you lane splitting because it could be dangerous to them, then why the F*** would you swerve to try and cause an accident??? Thats what my sister said once when I was talking to her about lane splitting. It just retarded. Before I ever owned a streetbike I always gave bikes the room they needed to do what they gotta do and even get into the slow lane to let bikes or cars going faster go by me. They aren't slowing me down at all so why should I care. It bugs me way more when people are doingthe speed limit or slower in the left lane when there isn't traffic on the road. I'm not trying to bash cagers, because almost all of the cars I ever come up tothat are in the left lane get in the right to let me by, and most cagers are aware of my presence and dont try to cut me off. But there is always that bad one in the bunch that just cant wait to mess with you in one way or another.

And why is it always a BMW that cuts you off?

Old 10-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Default RE: Peoples reaction to lane splitting.

ORIGINAL: Donohu40
Why should some chump that can't bench his own weight see any time on the field except for carrying the water bottles out?
I can't bench my own weight. Am I a chump?

Old 10-31-2007, 01:48 PM

No, unless your complaining about not gettin a starting position on a football team. out of context non of what I wrote makes sense.... even in context it still doesn't make much sense

Old 10-31-2007, 01:49 PM

Wow, nice vent.

I dont know why they do it, a lot of people just dont know how to react at all, get confused, and do the wrong thing. A lot of people aren't nearly as smart as you think they might be, and the thing with cages is that you have to drive one, so its not about skill or even being fully able. At least bikers have the desire to ride well most times, and have to go through a more in depth test, at least you do in canadaAnyone can get a car licence, no matter how screwed up they are. I think licences shouldn't be handed out to morons, and there should be penalties forcausing accidents.

Lots of times cagers dont see you, and if they see you doing something they dont expect, they react. Sometimes its a bad reaction. I know a lot of people who swerve if they're surprisedno matter what the situation.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:52 PM

most random tangent ever! but to answer your question, i think it falls inbetween the "want everyone to stay in line like them" and "dont care about the safety of others, only themselves" I have a saying....

"The smart one Acts, Everyone ELSE reacts." (and itsoften theguys whoare reacting are the dumbestofthem all!)

i love the fact that i can lane split...not really so much on the highway but at traffic lights...goin to the front of the line is awesome! and i' m yet to run into the person who moves into u....most people move over to give me more room as i'm comming up the lane....

That may be the case sometimes, but i meant the times when your coming up and you see them seeing you and they do it out of spite. If its accidental or they just didn't see me I don't mind too much, its just when people do it for the sole purpose of trying to get you to crash or ride behind them it pisses me off.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:54 PM

oh and to add, mainly, i think its the mind set of "If *I* can't do it, *NOBODY* can do it...." besides that most people are just jerks out there

Old 10-31-2007, 01:57 PM

Take off their side view mirror next time. IDK how long motorcycle plate numbers are in yalls state but their long like trucks here. I'd never remember one if I only got a glance at it.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:58 PM

Bit off topic, but this whole post is a bit random.

Watch out for "Nan", pulling out of a driveway near you

Quick Reply: Peoples reaction to lane splitting.