Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

one of the worst days of my life...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: one of the worst days of my life...

I think it's a good thing you're letting it out, cat. It's better than keeping it bottled inside. Keep your head up, bro. I can understand how hard it is to get over someone. I can also understand the pain you may feel. You know what heals the pain you're feeling? Time. I promise you that you will get over her. It just takes time. Don't feel bad and don't feel sad. You're a good guy and if she can't see that, then it's obvious that she has made an awful choice. You deserve better and always will, buddy. Keep that in mind. You deserve better.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:51 PM

wow, eighteen months and it still hurts like it was this morning. ouch. sorry my friend. but you, u arr esstreemly sessy--all the girls and even the switch hitters on this board *RooR dancing with his eyes closed, iPod playing, Queen blasting* would love to get a piece of your hopelessly romantic heart.

i say...don't fight it. if you deny it, or bottle it up, or fight it...it will become the monkey on your back. it is better to feel it. to live it. let the emotion of loss become part of you, let it make up a little, or a lot, of who you are. this is an experience that will define you, catamayo, for the rest of your life. in the future, you will look back and see this as the crucible that made you who you are--but only if you can hold on until the pain subsides. so stay with us, and go all in...

...but for god's sakes, put all the pictures and notes and letters and receipts and clothes and CD's and text's and everything else into a box (or a portable storage container, if i read you correctly) and don't open it for three months. promise yourself. three months.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:47 AM

Sorry bro, I think every guy go through this at times. I still can't get over one of my ex and its been 5 yrs. I can't hold a relationship for nothing.
Bad thing iswe only dated for 2 months and was head over heels for this broad.
Laughter is a good way help, Just laugh at stupid **** and it will make you feel so good.
Name:  Catman-PsycohumiliationbannerIIIres.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  39.4 KB

Try it at my expense.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cat brah, was in almost same situation at almost same age you are now; gf of 3 years, asked her to marry she said yes conditional upon parental units approval (yes, we're from a culture were such tings still exist) .. thought "no problem, our families have known each other for years and they've always shown great fondness for me) ... went ahead with plans and lo and behold they said no! Thought I would never recover from the pain and hurt but life has a way of slowly mending and healing all wounds. Still friends with parents after all these years, who now wish they hadn't said no since she's been through one troubled marriage after another. No amount of advice we give will help speed that process up but just take solace and joy in the fact of knowing that it WILL heal eventually. Spirit is right, don't do things that remind you of her and go out and enjoy new experiences the best you know how until time does its thing. And stay away from sappy love songs by all means necessary (and country music) lol

Old 03-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I am so sorry to hear this .. it's never easy ...

the pain of having a broken heart is not so much as to kill you, yet not so little as to let you live...

Time will heal it though or at least make you live with it, please trust me on this ...

The reason it's taking longer with you even though it's 18 months later and she is engaged is because you won't let go ...

It's over between you two, a clinically sane woman does not get engaged to someone else to be married if she still wants her old love back.. I am sorry but you need to hear this ..

Part of letting go is getting rid of anything to do with her ..why do you still have her picture? Trust me things like that slooow down the healing process dramatically, delete that picture from your hard drive now, delete it from here, you are clinging on to something in your head and it won't let you move forward.

Delete all emails, all texts from her, if you two are done she has no business being in your head anymore...

The actual act of deleting everything and cutting her out like this is far more powerful than you think but YOU MUST DO THIS!!!!!

I'm sorry for your pain, truly I am ..stop looking at her pictures, delete them ..delete her and get better ..delete her and finally move on...

All My Hopes

Jules X

Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry that you are hurting....

but...she's not worth another thought. I know you feel she is the only person for you...that is simply not true. There are plenty of fish in the sea and just takes time to to cull through the undesirables. You want and need someone that will love you back as much as you love her. Otherwise...it's just not worth it. Move on. Put her out of your head and don't bother looking. Love is very illusive when you are searching for it. Primarily because you set aside of bunch of standards that you are looking for that rules everyone out. Don't search and you will find the one for you practically fall in your lap. Another thing you will find...is that it may be someone completely different from this woman, but you'll love her just as much for those different reasons.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 AM

Ive been here Cat and its the worst place to be but on the bright side...it not the end of you...move on..
Juliet is right about getting rid of all of her ...even in the picture of her in your head will fade

And above all..take some time and be single...dont be so hurried to get hooked up again to show her..ya know what i mean...

Old 03-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered Users

Sorry to hear that Cat...dude...that sucks....i really don't have much to say other than that....i've been close to losing the only person i have truly loved and it was the worst time of my life....all i can say is stay focused and hopeful, things WILL get better, it might not be right away...but it will...

i don't typically believe in karma and all that jazz....but *** i have gotten older, i am beginning to believe more in fate....things happen for a reason....might not be apparent now, but it will be at some point...

just don't ride upset...we have riding to do this summer bud!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 AM

i Hate to say it, but Voo Doo is right.....

and Jules is REALLY RIGHT!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

and just in case I didn't make myself clear ...

STOP LOOKING AT HER PICTURES!!!!!!!!

Delete them all ... they are now meaningless ... it doesn't matter how much you still love her, she doesn't love you back!

Next time I log in if I still see that picture up, you're in BIG trouble!! ... *Jules tough mode*

Jules

Quick Reply: one of the worst days of my life...