Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

NC Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NC Speeding Ticket

ORIGINAL: tomp

I lived in NC for 6 years. If you get a lawyer the court will drop the ticket. So you can pay a few hundred to a lawyer and get it dropped or you can pay a few hundred for the ticket and then have to worry about your insurance going up, points on you license, possible suspension. I know a guy who got a DUI, got a lawyer and the court dropped the case. Its pretty much a guarantee that it will get dropped.
Bullsh1t

Old 08-20-2008, 04:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bullsh1t
i second that!!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:11 AM

ORIGINAL: DukeCBR

Bullsh1t
i second that!!
Yeah I was gonna say that earlier but there could have been other extenuating circumstances.. I've heard of kids getting cocaine charges dropped because they are related to police officers/judges so who knows.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 AM

yea i live in NC too dude and got a speeding ticket 2 years ago.... 77 in a 55, 22mph over.... got it dropped 3 days after i got it, talked to a DA in the county that I got it in.... i seriously thought i was in a 65, never even saw the cop until he was riding my bumper, but i was driving with a pack of cars goin the same speed as them, never had been through that part of the state before, Whitesville, NC.... just go talk to a DA and tell em its your first ticket, tell em you dont think you were speeding as much as the radar gun says....

My next advice is to get your bike calibrated with a +1 tooth in the front and a -2 tooth in the back.... that way your speedo will show 55mph when your actually goin like 65mph... I dropped a tooth in the front and its the opposite (55mph actually goin 48~)so i think the +1/-2 would work.... haha

Last advice, Prayer for judgement, my sister has gotten 4 speeding tickets in the 6 yrs shes been drivin and they've all been thrown out, 2-3 with the pfj

Old 08-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the cop had a metal object (car, signboard, metal barrier etc) between you and him within a specified arc ( I think it's 5 degrees) of his line of sight, ie the line of his laser/radar, you may be able to contest the fine. Cops here have to be stationery, with the laser/radar firmly mounted on a stable surface, which is NOT the side of the car ! Our cops used to use onboard units but they were thrown out as being too inaccurate !!
I suggest you find out what make/model of equipment he was using, and check your local ordinances for what he would be required to have, ie competence to operate the equipment, certificate that the equipment had been tested and calibrated within the manufacturer's specs, and so on. We have these all the time and unless the cops are really in a totally right situation, I'd take the matter on in court myself.
The least you can hope for is a reduction........
My 2c worth....hope it helps.