Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My police bashing thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My police bashing thread.

I was doing only 6 Kms over the speed limit, when i seen a RCMP jump out and wave me down from behind a hill. After complying he gave me a ticket for15 kms over. I asked him if there could be a mistake I wasn't going that fast. He said no it's Lazer.. I HATE how they use Lazer as a infalible defeance. He's obviously trumped up the charge because he can't give a ticket for less then that. And it's allmost impossible for me for to fight it in court. It's not the money that bothers me, but here in Canada it's 2 demerits off my liecence!!!!
I used to have a job, back in school where people screamed at me all day. I wish the police would stoping useing that as an excuse and man up. If you don't like your job as a glorified ticket dispenser. Then maybe try accounting or something.I've noticed the older police, are much more understanding, and polite. If your about to ruin a persons life, you could be at leastnice about it.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:52 AM

What the hell is wrong with you guys talking down to him for speeding? Do you guys not speed on your sportbikes? I havent figured out how to keep my speed down yet, everytime I look down Im doing at least 5-10 over.

I am not against cops that go to work and fight crime and try to make a difference but traffic cops can eat a dick.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 AM

^ I've always wondered what it'd be like if they had dedicated traffic police where I live that stopped people more often.

Sorta a rant so ignore it if you please.. I'm sick of people being idiots on the road.. nobody stops at 4-ways.. no one uses their turn signals.. and some people can't maintain the speed limit and end up cruising along at 25 in a 40. Plus every time I'm stopped by the police I'm interrogated on the side of the road about the stash that they assume I have somewhere in my car and I'm threatened with a search. Speaking of being pulled over and lied to about your speed.. I was pulled over a few days ago for going "30 in a 25".. I was behind the cop so he musta pulled the over-the-shoulder radar gun technique.. and I was in 4th gear like I always am on campus since in anything lower than that if I tap the gas accidentally I'm already going 10 over. I do that to keep myself from accidentally lurching up 10mph. I got a written warning and a chewing out by the cop about how "I better have insurance on my vehicle otherwise my *** is in jail" Honestly.. why didn't he just ask me for the card rather than running up to the window of my late model BMW to chew me out about something that I always have. :/

I've got mixed feelings toward cops but I generally give them the benefit of the doubt considering I've met gobs of them and Im friends with quite a few. Im a USPSA member and go to a lot of practical shooting events (couldn't really call club matches competitions) and there are quite a few people on the police force that do it for fun around the US. A lot of em I look forward to seeing at the bigger matches that only come around once a year. I guess some of them just get a bit carried away and forget that everyone's doin the same thing.. just trying to make thir way through life.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:32 AM

Someone twisted Nauree's hand though, causing him to go over the speed limit...it wasn't his fault.

And it's his dumb employers fault for not letting him off in time to go to the MVA/DMV and get his tags straightened out.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Banned

hate to say it but everyone profiles sport bikes everywhere all the time.
I think 'profile' is the wrong word, but we are definitely looked at much close than cruiser riders. Then again, I see a lot of dumb stuff done by guys on sportbikes all the time, so I can't blame them.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 AM

I gotta say....at 43 years old, I've time to observe law enforcement for a while. I've traveled all over the US and I have come to the conclusion that my home state SUCKS A$$. Most states have "state police" which means they do investigative work and ticket writing is just one tool in their bag. Ohio has a "state highway patrol", their primary function is to write tickets. I have never met one that didnt have a God complex. They must brain wash those guys or something. They all break the law...but you better not!!! I run a radar detector in my truck. I drive 20 minutes to work in southern ohio, typically I will get hit twice with radar on my way in to work, I have been hit as many as 5 times in that 20 minute ride. To me, that is insane, I have driven to Florida and back and only been hit a couple times. Around here, sheriffs deputies are pretty cool but state patrolsare only public harassment....a complete waste of tax payer dollars.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

ORIGINAL: Nauree

ORIGINAL: tomp

Its easy to blame others for your misfortunes.
Others caused my misfortune.
Oh? Like who?
The officer who physically gave me a ticket.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

ORIGINAL: tomp

Its easy to blame others for your misfortunes.
Others caused my misfortune.
Oh? Like who?
The officer who physically gave me a ticket.
Nauree, how could you be missing the point here? [sm=headbang.gif]

If you are doing something illegal and get caught, you should be expected to pay the consequences. Period. You did it. YOU! The cops that pull you over have nothing to do with what is right or wrong. They just enforce according to the law. Can you blame them? Did the cops who did nothing at your friend's house do something wrong? No. They saw the situation, and are not stupid. The guys with the pipes were probably going to do something illegal, but didn't. So what's the right thing for a cop to do? Go renegade and deal with the situation as you (sometimes even as they) see fit? Of course not. Is the system perfect? No. Are there some asshat cops? Of course. That doesn't mean that you aren't obligated to do the right thing. If everyone questioned authority as you do, we wouldn't have a flawed law system. We would have no system at all, and anarchy isn't as much fun as it sounds. Particularly if you have anyone else on this earth who you care for more than yourself (which is unlikely at your age,but will happen soon enough).