Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw
It's hard to be a redneck.
i now nohow unejukaded i em and that u r a grate skolar kidd, so tank ufore shoing mee tha lite.butt i all so no wen enuf iz enuf and wen tu end this krap... so [sm=forgetit.gif]an dropp it.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Mstngdrew232

Going back to the original poster, even going 55MPH around an oval track is tiring because the way the track is banked and everything, if you watched mythbusters they did their airconditoning VS windows down myth on an oval track and they were screeching around the track only going 55mph. It would be even worse so if the rear end suspension was tight(or front end soft) for oversteer.
haha its always funny to hear how tiring driving around an oval in a car is, try doing 28 laps on a superbike or GP bike, hell look at MotoX and tell me oval tracks are "tiring" lol

Old 05-25-2007, 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

Going back to the original poster, even going 55MPH around an oval track is tiring because the way the track is banked and everything, if you watched mythbusters they did their airconditoning VS windows down myth on an oval track and they were screeching around the track only going 55mph. It would be even worse so if the rear end suspension was tight(or front end soft) for oversteer.
haha its always funny to hear how tiring driving around an oval in a car is, try doing 28 laps on a superbike or GP bike, hell look at MotoX and tell me oval tracks are "tiring" lol
Point well taken and I understand this, I was more pointing to the fact that the water would make it near impossible to control the car, even at slower speeds.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:37 PM

I don't think anyone said thatracing a car was more difficult than racing a bike. But look at it this way: Imagine driving your car 500 miles without getting out to use the bathroom. Then throw in temperatures that easily hit 3 digits inside those cars (they say that it's the equivalent of driving with your windows up and the heat on high) - the drivers claim to lose up to 15 lbs. each race due to sweat. It's not like they're having an easy go of it out there.

Comparing bike racing to car racing is like comparing apples to oranges; they are two different sports. Both are difficult I am sure, both are tiring I am sure... but you can't say that one is more difficult than the other unless you have done both. And not too many of us have run in a MotoGP race and the Coca Cola 600 have we?

Old 05-26-2007, 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

many ppl have said the same thing as u are. same words just another person saying them. do ya think you are the only one with these points? some ppl with those thoghts have went to the richard petty driving experience and then changed ther minds about nascar and how easy it looked just going around and around.(and thats - 42 other cars)

look at juan pablo montoya he came in from F1(idk or chap or something) and thoght it was easy in nascar and he could make it. he thoght he could win his first race but he did not. its been like 20 races and still no win. its funny to see his interviews at the end of the race and see how mad he is that he did not won. hes holding up but i dont think he ganna win for a wile.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:50 PM

I'm just saying its not nearly as physical as riding a motorcycle, it being hot in the car has got to be pretty damn grueling and no I'm not saying its easy by any means but I don't see it being the most physically demanding sport or even form of racing

Old 05-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Banned

This is incredibly gay. Why did they leave his hand like that?

Eww...

Name:  review_drivers_6.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  13.5 KB