Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain

if your somewhat intelligent you should probably know your not the average nascar fan
ever been to Mississippi or Alabama and seen the nascar fans? I was driving in the direction of Talladega on the interstate the Friday of the nascar race there, you've never seen so many rednecks in one place before in your life, it was a hilarious sight for sure

plus the whole throwing beer cans onto the track thing...
sorry but on average, it doesn't draw the most intelligent crowd

driving in circles all day doesn't help matters...

Old 05-24-2007, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

if your somewhat intelligent you should probably know your not the average nascar fan
ever been to Mississippi or Alabama and seen the nascar fans? I was driving in the direction of Talladega on the interstate the Friday of the nascar race there, you've never seen so many rednecks in one place before in your life, it was a hilarious sight for sure

plus the whole throwing beer cans onto the track thing...
sorry but on average, it doesn't draw the most intelligent crowd

driving in circles all day doesn't help matters...
[sm=exactly.gif]Sorry guys! But Im not a nascar fan.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:03 PM

y does it matter how smart ppl are who watch? there still watching and thats what really counts. at least they are smart enogh to know what good racing is. and give the most amount of $$$ for charity.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:21 PM

Oh, so NBA fans and players throwingcups of beer and chairsat each other and brawling in the stands is "intelligent"? And what about boxing fans and UFC fans fighting EACH OTHER in the crowd (I've been there and seen it). So give me a break.
Yes every sport has the stereotypical "*******" type of fan. Those are the ones you read about and see on the news... but not every fan of every sport is that way. It's like labelling all sport bike riders "dangerous", "squids", "wreckless", etc. You know that's not 100% true so why would you go out and label NASCAR fans that way?

Old 05-24-2007, 01:48 PM

most people make judgements on sportbike riders based on one or two squids they see, you can count rednecks at a nascar race by the tens of thousands

not all nascar fans are rednecks but the percentage is a hell of a lot higher than than in other sports, especially racing
and again, its aimed towards that type of crowd in the first place (nascar grew out of backwoods dirt oval racing, ever been to one of those? its the mecca for rednecks

go to an AMA, MotoGP, F1, etc race and then go to a nascar race and compare the fans, hell just watch Wind Tunnel and listen to some of the calls he gets from nascar fans, its really embarrasing...

I will admit though, the redneck percentage in nascar has lowered over the years, its not quite as bad as it used to be since nascar has gotten to be such a huge cash cow. They're trying to make it mainstream but still keep it so retarded any drunk 3rd grade drop-out can know exactly whats going on the whole race and they're making it so crashes keep the crowd awake in what would otherwise be the most boring pathetic sport on earth (turtle racing doesn't count).
and if they can destroy another form of racing in the US in the process, well thats a bonus...

Old 05-24-2007, 02:11 PM

No, not every fan is a red neck. That would be impossible. Its the most watched motor race series in the nation. But you have to admit that it is a pretty accuratestereo type. Like old people are terrible drivers.Even Hollywood took a stab at nascar. Love that movie. And no, it is not good racing. IMO. Yes every sport has had their share of dumb *** fans and players and coach's doing something far from intelligent. Look at soccer! Didnt it have one of the largest brawls between fans ever? Just seems like nascar is a little redish in the neck to me. Sorry, not trying to tick people off or anything.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Retired Moderator

There are complete morons in every sport around the world. How about hockey dad thatbeat another hockey dad to deathattheir son's game, Laker fans turning over cars and setting fireswhen they one their first championship w/Kobe and Shaq, what about that Columbian soccer player who was murdered after he accidentally scored a goal against his own team in the world cup? Stupidy is rampant everywhere. I think Nascar is boring for sure, and I admit to bashing it from time to time, but it definitely doesn't have complete ownership of moronic fans. That being said, check this guy out:

Old 05-24-2007, 03:56 PM

^^ Seen that one before [:'(][:'(][:'(]
And I am sure Dale Earnhardt is rolling over in his grave.

Isn't it amazing how we can go from a discussion about racing in the rain towhether or notthe fan base of a sport is redneck?

Old 05-24-2007, 04:01 PM

It always does when we talk about nascar on this forum.

And I do think they should race in the rain! Who ever can man up and control their car the best would win. Extreme NASCAR. Might see it in the X-Games in a few years.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Retired Moderator

I'm for Nascar figure eight racing...Yeah, baby, yeah!!! I'd watch it all the time!

Quick Reply: MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain