Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain

ORIGINAL: jjkukla

I don't know. I like NASCAR. I like MotoGP. I am not trying to say that one is better than the other...

My $0.02.
Then i'll do it for you...MotoGP is better...there...that wasnt so hard...

Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 PM

Thanks, now I've seen the light. Boy that was easy! Honestly, I probably would like GP better if they raced every weekend like NASCAR does. I would certainly like it better if there were more races in the States - like AMA.

James - In regards to the solo tire mfgr evening out the field - I think thatsucks and I think you're wrong. If the field is so even, then why has Hendrick dominated this year?Also, they restrict the teams on SO many things it's a joke. "You have to use this. You can't use that." I say give the teams more freedom - there's a bunch of smart guys on these teams, let them be creative. And let more tire mfgrs come in. The drivers won't have an excuse that "Goodyear didn't hit the right combo this weekend." - I get sick of hearing that. You don't hear the winner saying that do ya? And once you get multiple tire companies involved, then you can have them design and produce rain tires.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 PM

James - In regards to the solo tire mfgr evening out the field - I think thatsucks and I think you're wrong. If the field is so even, then why has Hendrick dominated this year?Also, they restrict the teams on SO many things it's a joke. "You have to use this. You can't use that." I say give the teams more freedom - there's a bunch of smart guys on these teams, let them be creative. And let more tire mfgrs come in. The drivers won't have an excuse that "Goodyear didn't hit the right combo this weekend." - I get sick of hearing that. You don't hear the winner saying that do ya? And once you get multiple tire companies involved, then you can have them design and produce rain tires.
i hear ya, but what if one tire maker gets it way off and all the teams will sufer because of it? it will eliminate cars out of compition making it less fun. then they will say "BRAND made a bad tire for this track this week and we lost becaous of it"

edit on Hendrick they have a edge on others and there not telling. who can blam them. and they have good drivers. i never said it was "sp even" its just more even then it would be otherwise

Old 05-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

proprietary regulations suck, let em use whatever they want. you choose the wrong brand and tire, you deal with it. GPers lose races for choosing too hard or soft of a tire, why should NASCAR be any different?

Old 05-22-2007, 04:08 PM

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. Preach on Brother Rrasco - tell 'em how it is and how it should be. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

And think of how much more money they would be bringing in if Michelin, Bridgestone/Firestone, Goodrich, etc. were all in the mix. You don't see them all running ONE ENGINE brand , they shouldn't be running one tire brand.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:19 PM

lol nascar and the drives all know that its not ganna change vary much no matter how much ppl want it to. like it or not its nascar and there ganan do what ever they want. its not ganan change. NOT. jeff gordon was talking about just about the same thin like a week ago and they reached the same conclusion and that was as uch as they want it to change, its not.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:14 PM

Agreed. Just like Tony Stewart said, it's as rigged as the WWF You can almost guarantee that someone is in someone else's pocket... and it will alwaysbe that way. Kinda hard to believe it's the (self-proclaimed) "fastest growing sport in America" when there is so much behind the scenes stuff that the average fan has no clue about. Me included. I bet it's real corrupt.

But at least the drivers aren'ton the juiceor shooting at people outside of strip clubs- likesome of theother "popular sport athletes".

Old 05-22-2007, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing
...those crazy French bastards...
I think it was those same "French bastards" that wimped out @ Road Atlanta cuz of a little rain.You ever wonder if when they throw the white flag with one lap to go in a race if French people just think the race is over with and go home!?!?
the "crazy French bastards" I was refering to were de Puniet and Guintoli, what on earth are you talking about?

also when did it actually rain at Road Atlanta? I was talking about AMA threatening RA to fix the safety problems before they would race their in the rain
and have you ever seen Road Atlanta? that last corner is a fast right hander, the outside of which has about 2 feet of gravel before a huge CONCRETE WALL and the surface WAS very sketchy in some areas, and thats not even the entire problem. They repaved the track so at least grip will be consistent and some of the bumps should be gone (althoughI've heard a lot of them have started to form all over again)
unsafe doesn't even cover Road Atlanta in the rain, its way beyond that, or at least it was, shouldn't be quite as bad now and hopefully they'll figure out how to move some of those walls back and reconfigure the final turn

actually I've got a trackday there this weekend, hopefully it won't rain lol

Old 05-22-2007, 05:54 PM

WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME. You did say someonewas taking off for a race at Atlanta... wimped out... rain... wet track... blah blah blah. And quite honestly I don't care what their names were: de Puniet, Guintoli or Jean Girard (go Ricky Bobby). YOU came into this thread, jacking it with your chatter about fire and wind and Forza Something Or Other... so don't get your diapers in a bunch if I don't quote you properly.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:03 PM

I jacked the thread? How is talking about the subject of the thread jacking it? this thread is about racing in the rain right? thats what I read at least

my point was, it wasn't the riders that said they wouldn't race in the rain in Atlanta, it was the AMAs stance in support of the riders safety, thats a huge factor in racing in the rain

I just couldn't figure out what my example of rain being an equalizer (two riders that are usually completely uncompetitive in MotoGP mysteriously leading the race at LeMans for a few laps) had to do with my comment about racing at a track like Road Atlanta

I'm just talking about what I know here, and thats motorcycle racing, all I know about nascar is what I'm subjected to watching Wind Tunnel on Sunday nights so I can't discuss that too much

Quick Reply: MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain