Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Looking for information on insurance jumps after a ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are seriously lucky you were not cuffed man, count your blessings on that one already. We'd be hard pressed here not to arrest, but as known, attitude and background can dictate that situation.

As another said here, worry about court more than the insurance. You could end up doing some community service time as well, again that varies state by state. Your driving privleges are obviously in danger here without some good legal representation.

Insurance? Someone will insure you, the price will likely be very unsettling but who knows? Insurance companies formulas vary a little bit but as everyone knows it's more than driving history that dictate your rates because credit checks are involved as well.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:22 PM

I've begun to detest speed limits. As you get older you begin to see all the innumerable ways that we are not really free at all. I'm not saying I should be allowed to do 160mph on a two-lane road in the suburbs, but speed limits in general --- at least here in the US --- are patently ridiculous. How many times have you found yourself creeping along at 30mph on a road that could safely be traveled twice that speed?

People should not be forced to adapt to speed limits; speed limits should adapt to people. If most drivers are doing 80 mph in a 60mph zone it's pretty clear the speed limit needs to be raised. There should also be a wider latitude for passenger vehicles. We shouldn't have to fear that life will end if we get pulled over for going 20 mph over the limit on the highway.

110 mph is not really that fast. We could do that on the highway easily without endangering anyone. We are sold vehicles that will travel well over 100mph (including autos) and then made to drive go-kart speeds. And if we dare to break the golden rule the police act like we just got caught raping a retarded, deaf-mute, preteen girl with leukemia whose father is serving in Afghanistan.

Someday it will be pointless to even buy a sportbike unless you have access to a track. Between the speed traps and the cameras you might as well be riding a scooter.

Last edited by Timr; 06-22-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Timr
I've begun to detest speed limits. As you get older you begin to see all the innumerable ways that we are not really free at all. I'm not saying I should be allowed to do 160mph on a two-lane road in the suburbs, but speed limits in general --- at least here in the US --- are patently ridiculous. How many times have you found yourself creeping along at 30mph on a road that could safely be traveled twice that speed?

People should not be forced to adapt to speed limits; speed limits should adapt to people. If most drivers are doing 80 mph in a 60mph zone it's pretty clear the speed limit needs to be raised. There should also be a wider latitude for passenger vehicles. We shouldn't have to fear that life will end if we get pulled over for going 20 mph over the limit on the highway.

110 mph is not really that fast. We could do that on the highway easily without endangering anyone. We are sold vehicles that will travel well over 100mph (including autos) and then made to drive go-kart speeds. And if we dare to break the golden rule the police act like we just got caught raping a retarded, deaf-mute, preteen girl with leukemia whose father is serving in Afghanistan.

Someday it will be pointless to even buy a sportbike unless you have access to a track. Between the speed traps and the cameras you might as well be riding a scooter.
Don't forget that 95% of American Drivers are not capable of driving at the speed limit much less OVER it.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speed limit is based on the lowest common denominator. The majority of drivers simply don't have the skill, situational awareness and reflexes to safely travel above the limit. It'd be impossible to exclude individuals from the limits so it's applied to everyone.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't live in a Free Country. We live in a "Free Enough" Country. People are still expected to live under some restrictions for the sake of society as a whole. We are "Free Enough" that if you don't like something, you are free to leave whenever you like (please surrender your passport on your way out).

We are also "Free Enough" that if you don't like something you can protest without fear of earning a 9mm sized headache.

/endsermon

Old 06-24-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Speed limit is based on the lowest common denominator. The majority of drivers simply don't have the skill, situational awareness and reflexes to safely travel above the limit. It'd be impossible to exclude individuals from the limits so it's applied to everyone.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't live in a Free Country. We live in a "Free Enough" Country. People are still expected to live under some restrictions for the sake of society as a whole. We are "Free Enough" that if you don't like something, you are free to leave whenever you like (please surrender your passport on your way out).

We are also "Free Enough" that if you don't like something you can protest without fear of earning a 9mm sized headache.

/endsermon
At the risk of being argumentative, the majority of drivers probably don't have the skills required to be driving at all. I'm aware of the fact that society requires rules to function and I'm pretty sure a good number of our rules are unnecessary. Problem is, the "free" part of "free enough" is steadily diminishing over time. And technically, we are not free to leave whenever we'd like. There are details like citizenship, passports, and visas.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Banned

Get a lawyer. My GF gets her clients deals all the time.
It's worth it.