Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The fluorescent vests will be mandatory for motorcyclists in France

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The fluorescent vests will be mandatory for motorcyclists in France

the fluorescent vests will be mandatory for motorcyclists

To curb the number of deaths on the roads, the interministerial committee for road safety has announced a flurry of new measures including the removal of signs for speed cameras. To Curb The Number of Death On The Road, The Interministerial Committee for Road Safety has Announced a new flurry of Measures Including The Removal of signs for speed cameras. Another measure of scale: the two-wheeler must be provided with a license plate wider and wearing fluorescent reflective vest so will also become compulsory for motorcyclists. Another measure of scale: the two-wheeler Must Be Provided With A WIDER license plate and wearing fluorescent reflective vest so aussi Will Become compulsory for Motorcyclists.

Against the measures taken at the interministerial committee for road safety, the bikers will have to change their habits. Against the Measures taken At The Interministerial Committee for Road Safety, The Biker Will Have to Change Their clothes. Clearly, the two-wheeler must be provided with a license plate wider, while wearing a reflective vest will also become compulsory for motorcyclists. Clearly, The Two-wheeler Must Be Provided With A WIDER license plate, while wearing a reflective vest Will Become aussi compulsory for Motorcyclists.

A yellow jacket over the vest for bikers: it is one of the measures announced Wednesday, May 11 A yellow jacket over-the-vest for bikers: It Is One Of The Measures Announced Wednesday, May 11 For the government, it is essential to move up a gear in order to curb the number of road deaths, a marked increase in the month April 2011. For Government, It Is Essential to move up a gear in order to curb road deaths of The Number, has marked-Increase in April 2011.

The report of the Interministerial Committee for Highway Safety announces that a retro-reflecting device is needed to ensure the safety of the bikers, in this case a yellow vest. The Report of the Interministerial Committee for Highway Safety announces That a retro-Reflecting Device is Needed to Ensure the safety of The Biker, in this case a yellow vest. The side of the pilots interviewed, this measure is grinning. The Side of The Pilot Interviewed, this measure IS grinning. "It's really nice and not at the visual level, even I do not want to look me in the mirror!" said a biker who has obviously not want to don a fluorescent jacket when he out riding his motorcycle. "It's really nice and not At The visual level, Even I do not want to look myself in the mirror!" Who Has Said biker Obviously not want to donate a fluorescent jacket When He released riding motorcycle history.

According to the bikers interviewed this morning on the streets of St. Paul, these fluorescent vests are more like "fancy dress". According To The Biker Interviewed This Morning On The Streets of St. Paul, thesis fluorescent vests are more like "fancy dress". The same reluctance is felt in the local motorcycle dealers. La même reluctance IS Felt In The local motorcycle dealers. Regulars of macadam motorbikes complain that motorcycle federations were not consulted beforehand. Regulars of macadam motorbikes motorcycle federations complain That sept consulted beforehand. According to them, this new measure may not be respected. According To Them, this new measure May Not Be RespectED. "We must not delude ourselves: the bikers love the aesthetics of the motorcycle, the dress that goes with it ... I honestly do not think the rider will adhere to this measure," says a lover of motorcycles. "We must not delude Ourselves: the bikers love the aesthetics of The Motorcycle, The Dress That Goes With It ... I honestly do not think The Rider Will adhered to this measure," says a lover of motorcycles.

Yellow vest or not: if the action applies, the bikers will soon have to choose between style and respect for the law. Yellow vest or Not: If The action thana The Biker Willie Soon Have to Choose Between Style and respect for the Law.

Question:

How are the rules at home?

Old 05-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would never make it out of committee here. The committee members would rightfully fear for their lives by considering such a stupid measure

Old 05-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

umm - is it just my monitor or did his post stutter?

Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
umm - is it just my monitor or did his post stutter?
No, I think it was just copied and pasted though a translator that wrecked the grammar.

On subject: I think that something is better than nothing, but the main fix here is educating drivers about motorcycles, not making riders wear silly colors.

Here in Arizona, there's no law on gear at all. No helmet laws, no nothing. Something like this would never even make it discussion. We're very much the "Get out of my face" state.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:38 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I wear silly colors anyway, it's more fun that way.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:47 PM

I understand maybe making a law stating you have to have x amount reflective but yellow vests... really?

Old 05-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

right.... its our faults that cars can't see us.

no... for heaven's sake, it couldn't possibly be the people paying more attention to their text messages, radio, air con, other people in the car, etc....

this is just another law that doesnt make sense (not that i expect that from france...but... hey). it shifts attention away from the real problem, people in the car

Old 05-23-2011, 08:16 PM

So what happens when wearing Reflective vests don't change numbers in death tolls? Do they go back to not wearing them?

Old 05-24-2011, 01:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2
So what happens when wearing Reflective vests don't change numbers in death tolls? Do they go back to not wearing them?
Then they will make you wear a bright yellow florescent helmet.

After that they will ditch the vest and make you wear a full florescent suit.

After that, you look like nuclear waste.

Problem solved.

EDIT: All my jackets have some reflective tubing on the back so I'm sure (at night) I can still be spotted somewhat easily.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:07 AM
August 2011 ROTM

We don't have helmet law neither here in Hawaii. But doesn't military people have to wear long white sleeve shirt and those vest in the base?

Quick Reply: The fluorescent vests will be mandatory for motorcyclists in France