Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Live Motorcycle Chat Room

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 03:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Live Motorcycle Chat Room

I was wondering if this fourm is capable or already has live chat and im just blind lol.
I rent a room on a server...its only 50.00 a year for the room (membership is free) and you can add options such as a bot and so on for games or add live streaming music and so on. Its just general chat and I was wondering who else besides me thought that would be a cool idea to get set up. I would say we could just pile in my existing room, but there are regulars there and so on and I doubt they want to listen to us blabbin on about bikes lol.
Anyway, let me know what everyone thinks, obviously, my last intention would be to divert people away from this site beacuse I love this site. I could simply set it up where the fourms on that room are locked so all posting would still be done here as usual, only we could have a place to sit around and bs. The rooms over there are capable of handling 100 users at a time.
Anyone intrested???

Old 06-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Live Motorcycle Chat Room

The idea has been tossed around but in the end it was decided that it wasn't in the best interest of the forum to go in that direction. Chat rooms can be cool but the "live" factor can make it not work safe or kid friendly. And in the end, bots take over and you get about 2 lines of text per spam bot message[:@]

Old 06-09-2006, 09:20 AM

I hear ya on the bots...but in the room I already have, no spam is allowed and we would set the room age limit. on the server and the room hosts are live people...nothing at all like yahoo chat. Again, I dont want to draw anyone from this fourm, only have a place for people here to go.
My room runs very smoothly and if ever a problem arises, I desision is made by a live person how to handle it and thier powers include kicking, gaging for a time out or perminent ban.
The bots in these rooms are only there to serve you for trivia,truth or dare and other games like that and can only be activated by room ops, otherwise remain quiet.
Maybe you were considering the wrong server before? Obviously I dont want to make ripples being new here and all, just an idea I though would be realy cool, we have a blast in my "general chat" chat room.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:59 PM

I personaly think its a bad idea...my 2 cents

Old 06-09-2006, 02:25 PM

well, if any of you want to use a live chat room you can use ours, We would like to have more riders on our forums...

http://forums.boiseriders.net/index.php?action=chat

only up to you thou, I would not want to draw peeps from this site,, it is just anther tool...