Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

CBR FORUM CHAT ROOM

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 03:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR FORUM CHAT ROOM

It's been discussed that cbrforum should donate time and effort in creating A shoutbox/Chat on this website but it wasbrought to my attention that 1; we don't have enough users to make it worth while, 2; bandwith will be highly affected by a shoutbox/chat room slowing down page loadups, 3; Alot of time/effortwill be neededto setup, run, maintain, moderate A shoutbox/Chat room. I decided to start A Chat on another website deticated to cbrforum. Ifthigs gowell there than maybe in the near future we can get one on here. Comments/Concerans are always appreciated so what do you all think? I personally thinkthat thiswould be a good thing for this allready great website...

than visithttp://www.wireclub.com/Clubs/www.cbrforum.com/Chat

Old 03-21-2008, 03:56 AM
Default RE: CBR FORUM CHAT ROOM

done, signed up man.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll sleep on it, the only thing I have concerns about, when I 1st started going to various dedicated chats sites, they inevitably got hijacked by inane little ******* that had worn out their welcome on previous sites, pushing themselves over everyone else that's trying to use it: "wot u doin", "nuthin, wot u doing nothin" (shove, shove, hit with dead fish, wink, wink). So the inevitable happens, members won't use it & non members will, even if only open it up to members, you will have those joining that don't care S.F.A about bikes, let alone CBR's.
Not saying it's a bad idea, stuff it, yes I am.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:08 AM

i think it would be worth a 2 month trial or something.. at least that way we can see how it works, and if we would like it or not.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:58 AM

Not to impose but did you already check with the Mods? Usually its good to run anything by them before you go making things off of their sites. Sorry I do think it would be fun as well just making sure ya dont get in trouble.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 AM

On another forum i visit, there is a shoutbox available to only Donating/contributing members. Works out well

Ps: i started a thread like this last year and it got turned down

Old 03-21-2008, 01:29 PM

signed up!

Old 03-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Retired Administrator

Mods have noticed and we are discussing if it breaks any rules. As for the chat room itslef, nothing we can really say about it. As for advertising here, that's what we are reviewing. It's not a money making chat room for an individual and we have shot down the idea time and time again here... I don't see how we can complain. But, that said, we'll see in a day or two.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

I'll sleep on it, the only thing I have concerns about, when I 1st started going to various dedicated chats sites, they inevitably got hijacked by inane little ******* that had worn out their welcome on previous sites, pushing themselves over everyone else that's trying to use it: "wot u doin", "nuthin, wot u doing nothin" (shove, shove, hit with dead fish, wink, wink). So the inevitable happens, members won't use it & non members will, even if only open it up to members, you will have those joining that don't care S.F.A about bikes, let alone CBR's.
Not saying it's a bad idea, stuff it, yes I am.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. Obnoxious newbies. Granted, they may not all be obnoxious, but there should be a certain number of posts or membership time to be able to have the priveledge of using this.