Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just shoot me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just shoot me!

WOW!!! I can not take it anymore. I am trying to do my stupid CDC's (career developement course) from the air force. Soooo boring. How is it possible to do these and stay awake. I cant pay attention. I joined the mlitary to get away from school work. AHHHHH!!!! sorry,*end ofrant/vent*

Old 01-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Default RE: Just shoot me!

You think our armed forces are going to allow a bunch of undisciplined people to serve. Unless you suffer from a low IQ you can read. It really isnt intelligence that gets you through life, it is your self discipline.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:58 PM

Would you like a close grouping in the forehead--or maybe one round in each extremity before a final burst into your lower spine? How long do you want to bleed? Would you like a cigarette before you die?

Old 01-10-2008, 11:22 PM

I feel ya. I am turning into one of those old guys who say "back when I came in" or "the way things used to be" I hate almost all of the promotion systems, I think the USMC has the best, but I have heard complaints about that as well, legitimate ones. For me (Navy) Its all about the evals, so say.... I come to work an hour early every day, leave late, and do a great job, so busy doing my work and other guys work, I really have no time nor inclination to do "collateral duties" like the muffin cart, or the command assesment team, or the winter ball commitee, or the junior sailors fund raisers, or the commitee for menu review or....the thousand other dumbass collaterals........so, When eval time comes up, my performance gets looked at, hey, great performance, your the best worker I have, but what?????No command involvent? Wheres your collaterals? Wheres your yadda yadda yadda, so I get rated below someone who comes in just in the nick of time from being late every day, does the bare minimum to meet his duties, but spends 50% of his time on some ****-butt commitee, a meeting for the meeting prior to the meeting kinda gig. So, If I want to advance, really in all honesty, Just do whats required, nothing more, get on a few fluffy boards and commitee functions, nuzzle up with the chief, and only take responsibility for easy jobs with a high probability for success. Dont get me started on our physical fitness standards. Last PRT I ran, I jogged the damn thing, quit doing push-ups when I got tired and cranked out a few sit-ups. I could have busted out 92 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and ran the 1 1/2 mile in the low 10's, but why. All I get is "way to go there rock-star" and a check in the box next to "Pass within standards" Just the same as the fat slob who PT's twice a year, his gut flops on the deck like a fish out of water with all 20 push-ups he does, and walks the thing, he passes by .1 point and gets the same check in the box as I do. Has no bearing on total score, it's a pass or fail thing. Now, I'm not some bitter guy pissin and moaning about things....really, but theres a huge irony in it all, the whole system. I get paid the same as some ***-nasty in charge of the water cooler when I have skilled training and am highly deployable, when the other dude isn't cause hes got a waiver for some snot-nosed boo-hoo thing. Oh, and also, sea-pay....this one gets me. When I deploy, I go with the Marines, a Corpsman, so my deployment is spent humping my nuts off, sleeping in the rain, or in the sandbox washing my clothes in my helmet with a bar of soap, but.....no sea-pay,,,,,,meanwhile, you got johnny sailor who is on a ship in dry-dock, not even touching the water, and he gets sea-pay, cause......hell, hes at sea right! C'mon. I think the USMC has it right. Get scores for how well you shoot your rifle, PT, Pros and Cons, and MCI's the better you do at any one of those things and your score/advancement goes up. But I hear complaints on that in regards that you can have Sergant Turbo, who shoots expert, cranks out a 300 PRT, does his requirments, gets promoted because hes sharp in uniform, squared away, can shoot and PT but is thicker than two short planks, and hes in charge of you. At least wetake a test, so if you pass and get selected, you gotta know something right? Thats what the Marines tell me anyway. ehhh, no system is perfect, but it should be a combination of a test of trained skills, physical perfomance, and work productivity as related to your assigned NEC/MOS. Ok, just struck a chord with me, in short, I see where you are comming from.