Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone know about a stolen bike???

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know about a stolen bike???

Ya, well there is a buddy of mine that lives in LongBeach Cali as of right now and recently "acquired" a 2007 ZX6R that was wrecked but the only thing that is wrong with it is the crank case was cracked along with the plastics being messed up but anyways, he is claiming that they got the bike free from someone else and that they wrecked it and just didnt want to spend the money to fix it and only wants 200 bucks because of the aftermarket exhaust. Well I saw them posting some stuff about wanting a frame for an 07 ZX6R on myspace and they were kinda iffy on telling me how much they payed for it.

So me being a bastard automatically assumed that they either stole the bike or they got a stolen bike off of a buddy that stole it earlier or something like that.

The bike is stripped of the plastics in the photo but the tank is silver.

So if you guys in the Long Beach area or somewhere in Cali know of a 2007 ZX6R with a silver tank and those red marroon rims and shocks on it than let me know. I can get the address and if I can swindle the VIN from them I will.

Oh this used to be a buddy by the way. My ex who was flirting around with him left to Cali the day we broke up so its not really any skin off my back to f u c k him over on this one.

This is the actual picture they sent me(top) and the bike would have looked like this (bottom)

Old 01-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Default RE: Anyone know about a stolen bike???

Run the VIN and plate. Local PD and DMV will do it.

If it's clean, and it's an individual see if they got a title.

Individual + no title = no deal...just walk.

Something is f***ed somewhere.

If it from a dealer, a legit, long time dealer, get a bill of sale, with his driver's license, and signature, and vin, and plate, all in his handwriting. Also, whatever you PAY FOR IT, and make sure there is no small print.

Dealerships cannot sell stolen bikes, or non-titled, or reneg on the written agreement. If they do, they'll lose their license at best.

Property suits, lawsuits, a legit dealer does not want that.

An underground fly by night does not either.

But for different reasons.

ORIGINAL: DThompson

Ya, well there is a buddy of mine that lives in LongBeach Cali as of right now and recently "acquired" a 2007 ZX6R that was wrecked but the only thing that is wrong with it is the crank case was cracked along with the plastics being messed up but anyways, he is claiming that they got the bike free from someone else and that they wrecked it and just didnt want to spend the money to fix it and only wants 200 bucks because of the aftermarket exhaust. Well I saw them posting some stuff about wanting a frame for an 07 ZX6R on myspace and they were kinda iffy on telling me how much they payed for it.

So me being a bastard automatically assumed that they either stole the bike or they got a stolen bike off of a buddy that stole it earlier or something like that.

The bike is stripped of the plastics in the photo but the tank is silver.

So if you guys in the Long Beach area or somewhere in Cali know of a 2007 ZX6R with a silver tank and those red marroon rims and shocks on it than let me know. I can get the address and if I can swindle the VIN from them I will.

Oh this used to be a buddy by the way. My ex who was flirting around with him left to Cali the day we broke up so its not really any skin off my back to f u c k him over on this one.

This is the actual picture they sent me(top) and the bike would have looked like this (bottom)

Old 01-11-2008, 01:47 AM

Im not buying it but something just seems fishy about this deal, Im trying to see if it was stolen from anyone in the Long Beach area.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Banned

I would look at craigslist for Long Beach.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:54 AM

Sorry, I should have said non-title-able.

New cars, trucks, bikes, are all non-titled...for 30 days at most.

A special arrangement might take a bit longer.

Just keep your eye on what you want to keep or get or get back.

Good luck...to Long Beach.