Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

god im gonna shoot someone

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default god im gonna shoot someone

ok long story short my wireless works fine but my dsl wont connect. i need it to use the easy connect from linksys for network security to stop these myspacers around here from eating up my internet. i DONT KNOW WHICH DRIVER I NEED[:@][sm=headbang.gif][sm=violent053.gif][sm=type.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=pcwhack.gif][sm=rant.gif]

Old 10-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Default RE: god im gonna shoot someone

linksys has downloadable drivers on there site. Of course you would need to know what wireless card you have.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 AM

i have no problem with the wireless.

it's the hardline that i'm having a problem with. i'm so mad as i was last night but if i dont take care of it today i will be later lol.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it your router that is not working? or is your dsl actually down? i dont understand what you are asking.

wtf is easy connect? some kind of network config wizard?

Old 10-01-2008, 12:06 PM

ummm wtf does drivers have to do with wireless security n connecting to dsl? Your modem connects to the dsl (which sux btw) and then your wireless router connects to the modem. You connect thru the wireless router which is where security needs to be set to stop any unwanteds from connecting to it. If you use encryption, use WPA, WEP sux n any wannabe can hack it. I like using MAC filtering, basically it uses the ID from you wireless card and you can allow/deny only the MAC addresses you want on your network.

oh and never connect a modem to your PC/Laptop via usb cable. Always use a network cable (RJ45, looks like a big phone jack plug). Not only is it faster, it doesnt require any drivers.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 PM

thanks guys it was the local area connection driver. one of the guys in i.t. found it for me in the time it took me to run back to my office to get a usb flash drive.

mods you can change the title to "at peace with god" now lol. tomp, rrasco and pg arent you guys tired of my connection problems yet? thanks guys

Old 10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: rider0033

thanks guys it was the local area connection driver. one of the guys in i.t. found it for me in the time it took me to run back to my office to get a usb flash drive.

mods you can change the title to "at peace with god" now lol. tomp, rrasco and pg arent you guys tired of my connection problems yet? thanks guys
Huh?? I'm assuming you are connecting RJ-45 from the router to a USB port in your computer? Standard hardline with RJ-45 at both ends requires no drivers.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Huh?? I'm assuming you are connecting RJ-45 from the router to a USB port in your computer? Standard hardline with RJ-45 at both ends requires no drivers.
no i had to reinstall windows and get all the drivers again. the driver that i didnt have was the local area connection or is that a driver? what it was that let the comp read the hard line thats what i needed and now i have it thank jeebus

Old 10-01-2008, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

no i had to reinstall windows and get all the drivers again. the driver that i didnt have was the local area connection or is that a driver? what it was that let the comp read the hard line thats what i needed and now i have it thank jeebus
thats aka your nic card which windows needed a driver for.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM

pg ......did ....a .....did ......you just wink at me??

j/k thanks

Quick Reply: god im gonna shoot someone