Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

jus my thoughts; anyone agree/disagree? (opinions?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sucks when your are limping around trying to hit the kill switch on your bike and no one stops. Not even the idiot that pulled out infront of you. I threw my helmet at a car to get some help. I wasn't splitting lanes or anything though. If you ride like an idiot you will get hurt. Everyone knows that. I wouldn't have stopped if I didn't see anything happen. I would have if I saw someone go down.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hangifre's tune reminds me of that surveillance video where the old man gets hit by the car in front of a bunch of witnesses, and everyone just keeps walking, and the cars just go around him. Can't remember the details beyond that, but I know its all over YouTube now.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Umm, honestly? Who gives a damn about your job that you've already screwed to the point of almost losing, or who's fault it was that he crashed. Another person went down, probably got hurt and likely needed help, possibly a life or death situation. And you bailed to save your job? Your going to tell me showing up to work late with a copy of a police report stating you stopped to lend aid to a crashed motorist would get you fired? Yeah right, and if it did it's not a place you'd want to work anyways, and a likely lawsuit you could easily win. You behaved like a self centered typical modern day douche. Everyone who's telling you you did the right thing is acting like a ball sack too. What the hell ever happened to being socially conscious. Put this into perspective. If you found out the next day that the guy went down, laid in traffic unconcious till he got run over and killed, how would you feel? Get a f'ing clue and get your priorities straight. Regardless of fault, your job doesn't mean jack s%^t when compared against someone elses life. As for karma......your f#$%ed.
wow. so much said i dont know where to begin. you dont know **** about me or who i am or what i stand for so for you to take shots at me like this for my actions, goes to show what a winner of a character you truly are.

yes i felt bad cause i know he is lookin at a few grand in damages alone. and hopefully he was smart enough to get his leg out from under the bike on 'er way down, and if not, another point of his driving skills based upon using his wrong head to think with.

i will give him credit for wearing pants and a jacket and gloves as opposed to a pair of flip flops and cargo shorts.

so say what you want bout my actions. had it been an accident not broughtg on by himself then this would be a whole different story as i have assisted other cyclists in need.

furthermore i did call the nearest p.d. and there is no record of a motorcyclist down call that day for that area.

so feel free to label me. i know who i am and what i stand for, and no this time i will not offer my assistance for someone who thinks of only himself when in control of a motor vehcle.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

and bled all over the place for a half hour till eventually someone else came along and stopped to help, then probably your perspectives would be a little different on this. I did. People nowadays are socially worthless, everyones out for themselves and noone

If you were there for a half-hour it was clearly a rural road. If I saw you I would stop.I think the situation originally described was a town/urban area and there was no evidence that there even was an accident..................no report.

I've had my son trapped in a car for nearly two hours, bleeding with a ruptured bowel and broken pelvis - I know how that felt. ( I did punch an onlooker in full view of two policemen and a firefighter who tried to steal my son's cellphone off the seat ) The cop then arrested him, b...stid !
Even Doctor's won't stop in fear of a malpractice lawsuit, nurses too. And if a man's bleeding, and you have no gloves....would you risk AIDS for a complete stranger ?
So yup, the world's a worthless place.

I think in the end it's a case of what YOU decide.
I do applaud your dedication to your fellow man, though.

Last edited by Shadow; 07-31-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:48 AM

diffusion of responsibility. the idea of not stopping because you think someone else is going to stop and help.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:23 AM

Shadow brings up a good point. People are probably more afraid of stopping than anything else (although it is also just as much self-centered-ness). If people can sue (and win) for dumping hot coffee in their lap, if I stopped to help and the guy blamed me for doing something that caused him to become paralyzed or whatever... I feel bad for doctors and nurses too... they want to help people but they have to be afraid of them now.