Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

anybody else agree

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 10-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: anybody else agree

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye, and gets fined for it.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:26 PM

to me he kinda has a point, football is gettin a lil girly wit all these penalties and not bein able to hit somebody like you should. i dont mind em penalizin them for the gay *** dances they do in the endzone, but givin a dude a fine for takin a guys head off is rediculous...thats his job and how he got there

Old 10-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned

Ya man...It's been big news here in Pittsburgh, as the media doesn't have much to talk about and half the damn local news is dedicated to the Steelers. They are really pussyin' down the NFL, and I don't like it one bit. No taunting, no celebrating, no big hits. I mean, WTF?!? I get annoyed at times too with the excessive celebration, but it's part of the game. I mean, after a nice tackle or first down, some guys get carried away, but touchdown celebrations are fun to watch. Taunting is a good thing IMHO, cause it gets players fired up. As for the hitting, it's football...I don't need to say anymore.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:50 PM

That hit on Boldin was vicious by the Jets Safety Eric Smith. A nothing play in garbage time, and he's lucky he only fractured a sinus. I thought he was dead when I saw it happen... the thing is, the players these days are so jacked up, big, fast and strong...they have to do something to stop these guys from killing each other.

It is football, and in the speed of the game, anything can happen... this is a touchy subject if you ask me, and I can see it from both sides. I agreed with the penalty for the Jets safety, but their have been other fines that I didn't agree with.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:13 PM

*loves Aussie rules futball*

Old 10-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Retired Moderator

I'm with Funk...I can see both sides. The guys back in the day were tough as nails, but I think the modern guys would sit them on their butts. The way guys train today, the science behind everything, the way they eat, being in shape ALL YEAR LONG, that adds up in my opinion. There are some ticky tacky rules, though. There always will be.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

To keep this short i agree with Polamalu, as long as its not to the head i dont see an issue. Head shots though i still think need to be penalized. I know they happen so fast, but i still think they need to protect the head. NFL= No Fun League, dont forget that.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Retired Moderator

Classic, are u referring to the war analogy for American Football or Aussie football, if the former I respectfully disagree. Football is like war in the *tactics* sense much like chess but it*s ultimate goal is to cross the goal line. If we where talking about boxing where the ultimate goal is to knock your opponent out, then I would agree more with the war analogy. But I also agree that the sport is being sissified a bit but it*s a necessary evil .. heck, can you imagine what LT (Lawrence Taylor) would*ve done to some people if the rules where more lax? He admitted to playing drugged up most of the time and didn*t care whose head he took off.

Quick Reply: anybody else agree