Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I need help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help.

Seriously. I need vicodin to do ANYTHING anymore. i cant work for more thn 2 hours without freaking out on someone cause i dont have pills in me. i cant enjoy music. i cant eat, i cant even hold a conversation without them. i have maybe 10 pills left. and i decided last night i didnt want to take them anymore. so didnt..about 4 hours of them being out of my system i started to hit the withdrawl symptoms..and it was HELL. i was sweating. throwing up, i ached..i just really wanted to die..so i took 3(i usually take up to 5-6 at once) and i felt better. went to sleep. go through today without them. its not 7:30 and i started to feel like *** again, so i had to take them. Whats the best way to kick this crap? i realize i have a problem. and i want to stop it. should i use these last ones to slowley get off of them? like take 3. then 2 and then just take 1 for a few days? what should i do? i really really want to get away from this.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Default RE: I need help.

You should start by calling your doctor.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Seek medical treatment immediately!!

Old 09-21-2008, 08:44 PM

Man up, like you told someone asking for serious help seeking therapy.

I was addicted to drugs for 8 years. Vicodin, sleeping pills, pot, little extacy here and there, but i can assure you for those 8 years i was messed up from the time i woke up till i went to bed. This all stopped September 6 2008. Yes just a little over 2 weeks clean now.

I man'ed up and quit cold turkey and let me tell you the first 4 days i thought i was going to die. For Real. I managed to squeek by at work (and im the boss/owner) to come home and lay around and cry for no apparent reason all day. Didn't eat at all for a few days, no sleep, if i did i had horrible nightmares which im still dealing with a little bit. It's not easy, it just something you HAVE to do.

I will say you know you have a problem. That is one of the hardest things, realizing you have a problem. For years i told myself i can quit, im not addicted, this isn't hurting me in any way. Then i stopped lying to myself.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 PM

Congats Fuze for being clean!!

Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM

^^ Yeah, I want to quit. i know i have a problem. But at the same time..I dont want to quit. Euphoria is one of the greatest effects i have ever felt. but destroying my liver at the age of 18 doesnt sound fun to me. And when i have surgery they are going to give me the usualy 90 tabs again. And I do NEED them then, as shoulder surgery is quite painfull for the first week or so. I dont know what to do..What is calling my Dr. going to do? He will just say stop and i wont get them when i really do need them. I have them now for my shoulder and some for migranes. and they do help with the pain that the OTC doesnt take care of. i would rather stop and just be able to take them when i need them. Not just take them cause im bored and like the feeling.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM

Thanks man. It wasn't easy but i feel great now, way more energy and im back in the gym routine gaining weight back already. Stay strong JD you can make it through this, you just have to want it for yourself brother. Get your family involved if you need to.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on jd... pull yourself up! Taking it for medical treatment is totally different with addiction.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned

Seriously. I need vicodin to do ANYTHING anymore. i cant work for more thn 2 hours without freaking out on someone cause i dont have pills in me.
rehab.

now in all seriousness, after reading your posts for a while...rehab and counseling. You have something that will get diagnosed. It may not be an addiction to painkillers, but it is something. Good luck.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:15 PM

Yeah..The first time i thought about going to treatment was the lowest time of my addiction..I accidentally vacuumed one up. and i actually opened up up the bag and dug through to get 1 lousy pill. I guess ill just stop..Fuze went through it..i guess i could try to. ill wait untill tuesday when i have 3 days after that off. so i can just lay around felling like crap not worrying about work.