Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I need help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need help.

wtf is that **** doing to your stomach, liver, kidneys, intestines?

Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Banned

JD, the good news is you know you have a problem, the bad news is you don't know to what extent. After you get this pill thing solved, be careful with respect to other non-healthy addictions and try to focus on healthy addictions. Maybe you have a personality that needs to be obbsessed with something. Now it is pills, next year it could be booze. Maybehopefully work or golf or exercise will become your drug of choice. channeling these desires is where a professional can help. So don't look at it like you are losing your vicoden, look at it like you may be gaining a set of Ping irons.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

JD talk to your doctor man, get those pills out of your sight. I can understand the wanting to wait for the surgery, but at the same time thats just another excuse. If you can kick them now before the surgery, just think how much easier the recovery will be. Otherwise it seems you will be dealing with 2 problems at the same time. Its gotta seem rough to ask for help, but reach out, doctor, family, im sure someone can help you through this.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:21 AM

How the hell are you getting all these pills? If your takin so many a day then you should have run out long ago. Being cut off from your doc alone should cure this situation for you, I'm on my last script and that was from an injury 7 weeks ago. From what I remember, you had your injury this spring/summer so your doc must be very giving but eventually you will be cut off and then you will come to the fork of having a problem or just purging out. Either way, it's comming soon so you will need to make the decision of if it's really worth all this hassle.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TK954RR
get those pills out of your sight.
I think this is the right direction, but you might need to go even farther. I have friends who needed to get clean, and they knew the only way to do it was a complete change of surroundings, so they picked up and moved to a different city. If you're still in the same places, doing the same things, with the same people, and access to the same doctor,it's too damn easy to fall back into the same patterns.

And even if you can't actually move, you need to change your whole lifestyle. If you're an addictive personality, which a lot of us are, you need to find a healthy addiction, or at least one that won't kill you. Lawrence Taylor used to have a huge cocaine habit, and the way he keeps clean now is by golfing obsessively. He'll play 54 holes a day, just because he's found out the hard way that otherwise he'd be back on the cocaine.

Getting clean will possibly be the hardest thing you've ever done, but unless you do it, you are likely to lose everything you value in this life. So I'd say you don't have much choice.

We're all pulling for you.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are no easy answers to this, as you already know. The solution can only come from you though, you have to WANT to do it then act on that desire/goal.