Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i dont fit in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ride to impress only one person ........yourself. Forget about feeling intimidated by
peer pressure as that is what wastes lives for no good reason other than false
bravado ......so stick with your own comfort level and don't compromise yourself.
Finessing your riding skills is a lifetime endeavor to be done at your pace not someone
or groups bidding.

Ride Safe , Ride Smart.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well put sprock

Old 01-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the suggestion of starting a bike-night. None of us mean to suggest you be anti-social, just to promote safety & responsibility. If more riders ride safely than not, hopefully the safe attitude will spread to those that haven't been quite so careful in the past. Unfortunately, some have to learn the hard way instead of using common sense. Anyway, I agree w/ what others said, you seem to be trying to get squared away on your attitude & riding. Stick to that & you'll be fine.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was ridin with some guys before that were teasing me for going slow.. Idiot A that didn't pass the MSF course was jumping up on the tank and whatnot.

I wasn't familiar with the area, and there was a lot of gravel and sand in the turns so I wasn't trying to go fast... I was trying to be cautious. After we got to the next town, they fueled up and I decided to head back home without them.

Idiot B got in a wreck not long after that.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:12 AM

Thanks for all the great responses guys. All of your responses are very good and showing a little light where i wouldn't of seen it. I like the idea of starting my own bike night. I do see a problem tho finding a whole lot of guys that will feel the same way about riding like that. i met a guy in the city a ways from my house that i thought was real cool and we exchanged numbers at the gas station, but right after we left he did a big long stoppie up to the next light, so i never even kept the number. I'm sure tho if i just tell people right up front that i love to ride and ill get into it here and there but i dont by any means stunt or ride reckless on the streets. Maybe as "gotcbr" said, my type of riding will rub off onto those who aren't riding so safe and maybe want to quit but cant because of there old riding crowd.

And K7, i turn 21 in 2 months so that feeling you described while riding with a few other buddies is exactly what i was talking about. You just stand out more and get people's attention to really notice what your doing ( especially the girls ).

Last edited by super600; 01-30-2010 at 02:14 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 01-30-2010, 02:27 PM

hey super 600, one of the most important rules in riding is not respect the bike even though it important, RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE if youve be riding a year then your definetly still inexperinced, im not being mean im just telling you the truth, id s=rather have you pissed off than dead, you say they where going 120 miles per hour, theres a place for that kind of speed THE TRACK, where not perfect god knows im not, i love to twist the throttle as much as the next guy, but id rather be slow than dead im sure that u must agree, and i think everybody else would agree

scott

Old 01-30-2010, 02:45 PM

this will be my fourth season coming up this year and ive experienced this as well. I would just make sure i knew where we were all riding too and would meet them up there at my own pace. Surprisingly i wasnt far behind them at all but i felt much more comfortable knowing the route and/or destination.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by super600
And K7, i turn 21 in 2 months so that feeling you described while riding with a few other buddies is exactly what i was talking about. You just stand out more and get people's attention to really notice what your doing ( especially the girls ).
Lol I hear you. 21st Bdays are awesome. Don't Drink and Ride! Also, Idk if you mentioned it at all and I'm too lazy to surf back through the pages...Did you mention where you are from super600? Maybe you can find some people on here to ride with?