Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How did u pay for your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seafordguy
That is a loan program that is subsidized by the US government. As a tax payer - I have the right to bitch about it.
Well, I would feel bad BUT, our government is so careless and greedy that all of those precious tax payers' dollars your so worried about, are going straight into their pockets. So, it's all a nightmare.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$2400 with a rebuilt title and I do believe 27,000 mi. The right side was rashed up, the front busted up, cords were showing on the tires, didn't have mirrors.... And upon her restoration, she was worse off than I knew. All the wiring was hacked into and there were hot wires under the seat, lots of missing hardware. When the front tie wraps were cut, the front fell off.. :-/ I still feel like I came out ahead. It was the perfect bike to learn on and aftermarket plastics aren't that expensive. I'm just glad I know people that are mechanically handy.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by meggers
$2400 with a rebuilt title and I do believe 27,000 mi. The right side was rashed up, the front busted up, cords were showing on the tires, didn't have mirrors.... And upon her restoration, she was worse off than I knew. All the wiring was hacked into and there were hot wires under the seat, lots of missing hardware. When the front tie wraps were cut, the front fell off.. :-/ I still feel like I came out ahead. It was the perfect bike to learn on and aftermarket plastics aren't that expensive. I'm just glad I know people that are mechanically handy.
Wow. My 01 was a gem of a bike for 2100. New tires. New batt and some other goodies. It had a few more.miles on it but it was flawless.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:40 AM

^

I knew as soon as seen this thread this was going to happen

Old 01-04-2011, 08:45 AM

Whatcha talkin bout ck?

Old 01-04-2011, 09:22 AM

just that it kind-of seemed braggish a lil bit....I think it was the WOW at the begining of the comment about her bike is all that made it seem braggie but I could be wrong and prolly shouldnt have said any thing -no hard feeling though

Old 01-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seafordguy
This is why the Student Loan program is a total nightmare. You're spending Governtment Money (which means OUR money) to buy a ****ing motorcycle.

Original Poster - each situation is different. There is nothing wrong with financing something. With a small purchase like a motorcycle I think what the guys above have done by paying it off early is smart.
Theres nothing wrong with ppl using their student loans to buy what they want or need. They have to pay it back, not anyone else.

Now if you want to bitch, as you do have the right to do lol, bitch about the big company and bank bailouts. How in the f*&k does a bank loose all its money??? Bad investments thats how, and investing money that wasnt pose to be invested.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by crashking
just that it kind-of seemed braggish a lil bit....I think it was the WOW at the begining of the comment about her bike is all that made it seem braggie but I could be wrong and prolly shouldnt have said any thing -no hard feeling though
No its cool. I was bragging. :P every once in a while I hear something that reminds me how lucky I was when I got my scoot. nothing against meg either. She likes her whip and that's all that matters

Old 01-04-2011, 10:34 AM

I have financed a couple bikes in the past. You can't really get a deal by financing. Usually they wont budge too much on the asking price. My last 3 bikes I bought with cash on craigslist and have always gotten a deal. Money truely talks!

I bought my current bike (2002 GSXR750) for $3300 taxed, titled(out of state), registered and plated. 15k miles, never down, stock w/slip-on. Again from a used car lot. He even knocked off $100 because the battery died when I came to pick it up, so $3200!

Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 AM