Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmet Laws...how about gear?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:07 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Helmet Laws...how about gear?

Ok members, I've just witness a horrific accident two days ago. A motorcyclist was just wearing a Helmet, T-shirt & Tennis Shoes.

It was like a bomb went off, debress scattered like 200+ ft. Guy lost his finger and lying there motionless...

I know that in some states, Helmet law is required, even on a bicycle let alone on a motorcycle.

Is there such thing as laws on GEARS? I really don't mind if they sign this into law...how many lives or severe injuries can this law possibly changes?

To me, seeing people riding with a T-Shirt and flip flop ain't good advertisement to our younger generation.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They already have enough issues with people not wanting to wear helmets, I can't imagine they'll be able to get gear laws passed.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is there such thing as laws on GEARS? I really don't mind if they sign this into law...how many lives or severe injuries can this law possibly changes?

Unfortunately you can't legislate for stupidity !!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's lucky all he lost was his finger.

To me, seeing people riding with a T-Shirt and flip flop ain't good advertisement to our younger generation.

Unfortunately most of the guys in flip flops and shorts ARE the younger generation.
Those of us who have been around awhile either have the scars to prove how stupid it is, or knows someone who does.
THAT'S OF COURSE ASSUMING YOU SURVIVE

ATGATT - I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN BLEED

I hope that fellow comes out of that accident with all his faculties intact.
Guy lost his finger
I hope he wasn't a guitarist..................

Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow

Unfortunately you can't legislate for stupidity !!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's lucky all he lost was his finger.

Unfortunately most of the guys in flip flops and shorts ARE the younger generation.
Those of us who have been around awhile either have the scars to prove how stupid it is, or knows someone who does.
THAT'S OF COURSE ASSUMING YOU SURVIVE

ATGATT - I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN BLEED

I hope that fellow comes out of that accident with all his faculties intact.
Guy lost his finger
I hope he wasn't a guitarist..................

Ditto, cept they make it a law for us to buckle up?!? Either way, our courts are already crowded with cases over bs, I doubt they will even want to bother with this. I WISH though!! Dont get me wrong I get super pissed when I see it happening. I remember getting made fun of by some friends when I geared completely up before riding half a mile to the store... well what do you know.... almost head on with a truck turned into a nice low slide with a serious concussion. My helmet was jacked and my jacket, I just remember looking at my gear when I got home from the hospital and thinkin how F'd up woulda been if I didnt have my gear on...

Oh and check out ROTM thread vote for whoever!

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month...ead%2A-142694/

Last edited by 74demon; 10-18-2012 at 06:19 AM. Reason: merge postsi
Old 10-18-2012, 10:58 AM

I'm part of the younger generation and I gear up 99% of the time, and ALWAYS wear my helmet. The only time I don't gear up is when I go out in town to get something from the gas station...

I don't do that much at all though...I generally will at least throw my jacket and gloves on with my helmet when I do that.