Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmet Laws

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet Laws

I am sure this topic has been done before but not that I could find so I wanted to hear what everyone thinks about the different helmet laws. I am from California and they are pretty tough against helmet laws there, I mean I know people that even though they have the helmet on they have still recieved a ticket for it not being strapped on. but now I am in Florida and I have seen more helmets strapped on the bikes then the riders here. I have been in an accident and had a helmet on yet still fractured my skull 4 times and yet I am still wearing a helmet all the time but I just want to hear about if you had a choice to wear or not to wear a helmet which one would it be and why?

thanks guys and Hope you all had a great christmas!

Old 12-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Default RE: Helmet Laws

I wear it cause I like to stay alive. I know older guys like my dad and his buddys rode from a long time ago before the laws so when they can they don't wear helmets, but like I said they grew up not wearing helmets its not to be cool or anything, its how they learned. Me personally, I always wear one cause I've always used one since I for my first dirtbike when I was 10, I just don't feel right not wearing one. The only other ones I see don't wear ones other than the old HD riders are squids, but they think their to bad *** wear one I assume

Old 12-26-2008, 12:40 PM
RCR

Too each their own. If the law says to wear it then its a must, if not they will learn the hard way. Plus sportbikes it just looks better when you wear all the gear.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:57 PM

Ill agree with ya on that one RCR. I dont think it looks right when there is a street bike rider not wearing gear, I mean I am guilty of riding wearing nothing but a helmet and swim suit just a block from my house to the beach but other then that I just about always have my gloves and jacket on to go along with the helmet.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Helmets should be required in every state. My opinion, and I'm standing by it.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:08 PM

in FL, helmets must be warn by anyone under the age of 21 and you have to have 10,000 in personal medical coverage (which most people don't have). thats why we have under 21 tags here (which sucks because try to pick up a chick with UNDER 21 posted on your tag, haha.) anyways, I almost always wear one even though i am over 21 and can legaly not. (i say almost because no one is perfect espeically me), just to much risk not too.

I don't believe helmets should be required for people over 21 or what ever, if you want to take the risk its your head. you shouldn't be told what to do with it. Adults can decide their own risk levels.

you should see how man kids under 21 roll around on there freaking scooters without helmets and no one says ****. not even sun or safty glasses, (which is the law). I hate scooters so much. although if someone gave me a honda ruckus i would stunt the hell out of it, haha, just not ride it in traffic. they are SCARY when cars fly by you.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Retired Moderator

I think if a person choses not to wear a helmet, that is their personal choice. If they spill their brains onto the asphalt, then the herd just got thinned. Pretty mean but true.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The person who dies because they didn't wear one causes our insurance rates to climb and nearly always leave someone behind. IMO helmet laws are there to protect the idiots among us, and their loved ones.

Helmet laws FTW.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Banned

Only f**king idiots don't wear helmets.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:04 PM

just think if you didnt have a helmet, you would have had your brain spilled out on the road... gud thing you had it on. im from cali but there is no way in hell id ride with out it... i feel uncomfortable when i am at the race track and i ride my bike in the pits to the gas pump thats like 100yds away without helmet.

Quick Reply: Helmet Laws