Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HEADHUNTER

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HEADHUNTER

35 percent?! Holy smokes...how could that be acceptable to anyone. Surely there's a mitigating circumstance associated with that total (such as FNG status). Jeez all-Friday those odds are terrible...

Old 04-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Friend and Hero ...

F3 I did hear that statistic, and it has been disputed, but I would accept it as a fact. If you have that on a good reliable source also hear that Greystone's (the internal company) losses are higher, depending on where in the sandbox they were deployed but that is the big reason they're trying to restructure and pull in more qualified individuals. At least that's what I'm hearing

Old 04-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I get concerned when "private" people are sent to handle military issues without the cohesion and trust which is inherent in a "real" military unit. They're all private contractors, which in essence means "I look out for myself"
This may account in part for the losses, which are unacceptably high.
I'd want a lot more on paper as to WHAT, WHERE, WHO etc before I'd put my neck on the line - there are too many grey areas. Having plenty of cash doesn't help if you're not around to spend it.......

Old 04-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Shadow understand your feelings, some might not . You come from a region of the world that has been overrun for generations by privateers and it doesn't take but a couple of bad apples to ruin the whole barrel

Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 PM

Point taken, Gunny - Africa has had many small private "wars" going on for decades where private "armies" are invoved, but a casualty rate of 1 in 3 means (to me)
*Training has been poor
*Acceptance into the unit of under- qualified and inexperienced people, which just puts everyone at higher risk.
*The areas of operation are high risk and the intel is poor, so people are lost.
*Trust in one another is not what it should be.
You are coming from a highly trained and motivated Military "machine"- this will be VERY different
I've met guys who operate in the "private" sector, and I wouldn't want most of them watching my 6.....
Maybe when you're fully fit, revisit the issue......

Old 04-30-2008, 07:28 AM

When the number 35% is tossed out, does that mean people who leave the company for whatever reason, or people who are dead? I could have sworn I read somewhere that there are upwards of 50K individuals in Iraq working for various security firms. With that many people I'm inclined to believe that the best training hasn't been given to everyone.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Well things have went well and I got what I wanted was there from O 700 this morning until 1600. We will be relocating within the next week or so. It is a flat 10 Hour Drive thank god we flew. So don't think we'll be staying here, but have not totally hashed out the long-term details Things are moving a little faster than I would like it to. And I will need some time to be brought up to speed once in place. So most of you know how hard it is to move. I will be making arrangements on the other end to get settled. So I will not be hanging out nearly as much, it will be more hit and miss and more miss than anything else.

Sorry for that reason, I would like to say........You Are a Great Group of Guys Have Really Enjoyed Spending Time with You and I Will Do My Best to Check in As Often As Possible. But for At Least the Next Little Bit. I Will Be Extremely Busy. So You Guys Stay Safe, Keep Your Head down and the Rubber on the Road. Now don't get me wrong, this is not my farewell speech and not my last post. Even tonight, most of you have my number and know how to contact me and vice versa so Raven you're not going to miss out on those three-hour fireside chats LOL. And for my two partners in crime F3 and god I could not make it through the day without Spirit LOL I guess you will be my liaisons to the forum and I would like to thank the administrators and moderators for tolerating my bad behavior on more than one occasion, and Chris I would like to publicly thank you for all your hard work, your great guy , KB, VP,Havoc and DD you're just outstanding and DonI really appreciate your hard work and everything you've done I will be eternally thankful for the fallen riders thread
and to my fellow members, who I have had quite a bit of contact with. I could be here listing your names all night
PG, WDR, Shocktroop, shadow and etc. etc.. You know who your are so if you don't hear from me fora little while. Feel free to drop me a line or more

BTW
Brandon I will have my eye on you until you straighten up

Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HAppy things are working out for you HC, God knows you deserve it. You get settled in,we'll be here, wtf else we gonna do lol.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 05-02-2008, 12:14 AM

Stay safe, Gunny and thanks for the good words.
Your absence will be noted, Marine !