Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HEADHUNTER

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HEADHUNTER

It seems like you've been around the block...and then some. Once you are there you'll get a better feel for the situation.

Obviously as we get older and the fact that you have a family makes the decision harder, I'm sure.

Can you not get any info as to where and what you will be doing? And if you are an instructor...doesn't that mean you won't be out in the field?

Old 04-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I know the original post is quite long, but about half way down I make reference to a agreement in the contract with them that I would be available for up to four months work outside of the United States. In any capacity they deem necessary, with no increase in pay on there end but severe penalties for my noncompliance, including a cut in pay and immediate termination of my contract with them would just like to have some idea of what the AO is and the ROE is upfront

Old 04-28-2008, 10:41 PM

Hmmm. Gotcha.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:15 PM

You're due for some good luck and a positive outcome...I have a couple of black, enlisted Eagle, Globe, and Anchor's that I'm gonna rub together for good fortune. Praying for you, brother.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Banned

Yeah that's tough, man. What it really boils down to is integrity and whether or not they will show they have it.

They will either tell you that they can work with you on the working abroad, or they will tell you they can promise nothing officially. It also may be up to you to read between the lines of their answers.

Have you decided what it's going to take for you to say yes? The whole thing is just great and sounds like a great experience if only it ends up being a nice tour of facilities.

Keep us posted, of course

Old 04-29-2008, 02:23 PM

I am suspicious of head hunters, all too mercernary. I feel you have done your time. I'd like to hear you've taken up flower arraingement, and opened up a little shop around the corner from your home. Hang with little Hardcorp. Pace, Gris.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Banned

Wow. Kind of puts it into perspective, huh?

Whaddya say, HARDCORP? I feel funny even asking that...

Whatsitgonnabe?

Old 04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Banned

It sounds like you should take the contract to a employment type or really any lawyer and see what it really says. I am a fairly clever guy, but I know if a lawyer writes it, you usually need a lawyer to read it.

But what is usually good is that if it is in writing, it may benegotiable, you may write down the 4 months to 2.5 months with a loss of only 5% in pay. The only way to know is to try.

Good luck.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:29 PM

What do I know, but I say go for it if the S/O is alright with your choice. You wanted to and did serve your country and now someone is asking you to use your training and talent to possibly serve your country again, but for a lot of $$$$.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Sorry I've been in and out all day but the computer has been logged in all day LOL not me. I have been trying to get ready to leave tomorrow afternoon and have a lot of things to square away. I have already had an attorney look the contract over.
Now what I would like to seen in this contract is something to the effect that I have an option to turn down a deployment or a particular job. Based on my physical condition. Anyone who knows me knows I would never turn down something that was worthwhile are beneficial to the overall situation. But however, if I felt I was not physically capable of completing the task without injuring someone else. I would feel it would be necessary to remove myself from the equation