Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HEADHUNTER

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEADHUNTER

I was visited today by a headhunter working for a prominent private security firm ( military contractor)and was offered about six-figure salary, provided I could be back to about 90% by the first of May. They are also willing to pay for my immediate care and physical rehabilitation and a modest salary until I have recovered. The offered is fora position as an instructor with them. They do extensive in-house training and training for other companies as well as some law enforcement, from what I understand. Also was told this would include a mandatory clause in the contract stating. I would work, at least4 months abroad a year, if necessary, at any given time, but could refuse any assignment after I had for filled my4 month obligation. I was told this was far more lenient than previous contracts and agreements by the company
I must admit the money is very tempting, but I have had very few good experiences with those working in the private sector and only entertained the headhunter because of his reputation as a Marine Officer will say the company is very well-known, and the work is something I'm quite familiar with I was also impressed with some of the humanitarian aid work they've done free of charge. But I am truly undecided at this point. Anyone with an opinion pro or con. I would be happy to hear from you

Old 02-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Default RE: HEADHUNTER

I have to do this before anyone else does.

And money is an important factor in any job, but if you have other work else where or offers that is work you like i would do that.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 AM

If they gave me that offer and I had the skills...I would take it. The money sounds good too.
But thats just me.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

sounds like the type of job were you cant reveal anymore without having to kill us later the pay would be nice and private sector work might not be as bad as long as teh company is on the up and up . what does swt_poet think about this ?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Friend and Hero ...

HAVOC
The company itself had to make a trip up on the Hill to explain some of their activities recently. So that is something else that's weighing heavy with myself. I was also asked not to mention their name, while the negotiations were ongoing. A little puzzled by that request and swt poet is as undecided. As I am, It would require us to relocate not far but still outside the state of Georgia

Old 02-06-2008, 12:33 AM

if i were in your situation, i wouldnt have a clue! Do you think you will be ready by may 1st?

all that just happened to you would make me want to be with my family every waking hour. you said the job takes you on an assignment for four months abroad.

on the other hand, you have probably been away from them for that long before. also, what they are offering as far as helping you rehab, sounds like a good deal. of course the money is nice, but you don't seem like the kind of guy to make a decision soley on that.

I would also have to ask the same question as HAVOC, what does swt_poet think of it?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

hmmmm [>:]just remember money isn't everything, we have to live with our actions and the actions of those we represent. so if this "company" isn't always doing the right thing, can you really afford to have your good name attached to their actions ?

nowif you'll excuse me i have to go draw my blinds and watch out for suspicious cars outside because of the company that solicited you might be reading what im typing right this very second ........[sm=helpout.gif]

Old 02-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Friend and Hero ...

You're right, I'm not solely motivated by money and wasn't the reason I chose to become a Marine or the reason I chose to become a Reconnaissance Marine and to push forward from that point was NOT money motivated either I just wanted to be one of the best at what I had chosen to do in life and to try to help others achieve some level of success within their life and to help secure my country and our allies. I know that may sound cheesy to a lot of people, but I was raised truly believing that freedom was not free and serving this Great Nation of ours was a small task for the great blessings that it had bestowed upon us. I have always Let the Reconnaissance Creed be my benchmark for the standard in which I live my life.. As far as being physically fit within the timeframe. Man, I do not know. I am never one to turn down a challenge, which involves testing myself, the timeframe was hypothetically suggested by the headhunter and is contentious on a medical review he said they would be willing to extend as much time as necessary. If the end result was satisfactory. And as far as the medical care they're offering. It would be the best available

Old 02-06-2008, 03:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already know that you feel compromised by this offer, (I guess you would probably say you have a gut feeling about in anyway), for wot ever reason, your training & instincts are telling you that maybe if this offer seems to good to be true......
Don't let your feelings of uncertainty (& security) put you in a position that you may regret.
If these guys are so keen, then a few months of you hanging out in the back paddock will make sod all difference. If you do decide that maybe this could be the right move, then again, if their so keen, make the bastards work for it, to your advantage. Let them know you want more details on your contract (the "outs" & fine print), where they may plan on sending you & so on.
The medical side is a real carrot & it shows they have done their homework & the buggers sure know how to apply the ******** clamp!.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:53 AM
Banned

My buddy and some guys from their office have a gun club (engineering geeks), they go to BW once or twice a year for training/weekend warrior type stuff. They have great things to say about that organization and how things are done and run.

The business they are in is somewhat distasteful but needed in todays world,he feels they are a good crew, stacked with good people. I think that this is a good opportunity for you and I really hope you get past that 90%.

Good luck.