Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Halp us Jon Carry!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Halp us Jon Carry!

Nobody, esp me, is trying to "back the guy". I wouldn't let him watch my cat, but if we're gonna get all pissy about him having said something wrong, we could at least get what he said right, don't you think ? Everyone is seeing/hearing a lil out of context clip and getting all worked up about s/thing that didn't even happen. Its stupid. [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 11-06-2006, 01:59 PM

Kerry is a bonehead. But it would be nice if our current president could pronounce NUCLEAR correctly. It's not pronouced NUKE-YOU-LER.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kerry blows my anus, my roommate here jerks it to his speeches however

Old 11-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Retired Moderator

Want to hear something sad? Let's consider the fact that the best both parties had to offer was Bush and Kerry. In two years, we won't have any better choices. I like how Eddie Murphy put it once,"You know you are going to get a boot in the ***, so you pick the guy with the smallest foot."

Old 11-06-2006, 06:45 PM

Kerry explained that it was a botched joke that was aimed at Pres. Bush and not our troops in Iraq. Read the two phrases carefully, the second one was what he meant to say (with the missing word bolded).

"You know, education -- if you make the most of it -- you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

"You know, education -- if you make the most of it -- you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get us stuck in Iraq."

Since it was not what he inteded to say, i dont hold anything against him. Unlike people who mean what they saya nd then try to retract it; i.e. Rush Limbaugh on Michael J. Fox or Sen. Allen when he called that kid a macaca. Those are shameful statements. A simple messed up joke due to ONE WORD is forgiveable.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see that makes more since now. if you had never pointed that out, i would have never figured out that is what he was trying to say. so when he was talking about education, he was speaking of bush's lack of. which we all....nevermind. LOL.

nice line, voodoo. similarly we must choose the lesser of two evils.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

see that makes more since now. if you had never pointed that out, i would have never figured out that is what he was trying to say. so when he was talking about education, he was speaking of bush's lack of. which we all....nevermind. LOL.

nice line, voodoo. similarly we must choose the lesser of two evils.
People are influential by nature. If you dont take the time to look into something then it is natural to believe what youre spoon-fed by the media. Which is why even a little slip up like this probably ruined any future political career of his.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:14 PM

Personally, I think he [Kerry] still should not have said it...Joke or not.

I am not a Repub, but is that the best Kerry's got...jokes? Cracking jokes shouldn't have been his focus. And what makes it worse is that he messed up the joke.

That's what he gets for focusing ALL his attention on Bush. If he, and the other Democrats would focus more on what they think is wrong and what they plan on doing to make it right, instead of blasting Bush everytime he sticks his finger in his nose, all the midterm races wouldn't be so close.

*steps of soapbox*

Old 11-07-2006, 07:50 PM

you have to be a complete idiot to say that. And he couldn't even come up with a better line than... "It was a miffed joke"... he's the joke. Think how bad we'd be off if HE was president. And he didn't even apologize to the troops.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11045/84CB611376A04B67B6A8EDE5553DC52B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-07-2006, 08:41 PM
VP

Kerry explained that it was a botched joke that was aimed at Pres. Bush and not our troops in Iraq. Read the two phrases carefully, the second one was what he meant to say (with the missing word bolded).

"You know, education -- if you make the most of it -- you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

"You know, education -- if you make the most of it -- you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get us stuck in Iraq."

Since it was not what he inteded to say, i dont hold anything against him. Unlike people who mean what they saya nd then try to retract it; i.e. Rush Limbaugh on Michael J. Fox or Sen. Allen when he called that kid a macaca. Those are shameful statements. A simple messed up joke due to ONE WORD is forgiveable.
Exactly, one simple word has now ruined this guys reputation.

Now, I don't know if Kerry would have been a great president. But I can say this, all of you people who thought Bush would do a great job are eating your words. The fact is, all governments, no matter how big or small or democratic or dictatorships are in some way screwed up and bastardized by business. Even countries where the decisions are made by many people (such as our own) large businesses and especially powerful people tend to get whatever they want just by paying for it. The truth of the matter is, we are not protected by this government we so dolefully respect and appreciate. In actuallity, the only person protecting you is yourself. You can't trust anyone, especially if they hold an office, to keep to their word. I say Barack Obama 2008. I will vote for him. He is the first politician in 100 years who hasn't lead a lifestyle that includes a ticket straight to hell.

http://obama.senate.gov/