Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Had a nice ride yesterday, and a pleasant run in with the PoPo too

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Had a nice ride yesterday, and a pleasant run in with the PoPo too

Well my buddy Jered and I took a ride yesterday (sun) up to Deals Gap. He'd never been up there before and we both were kinda craving a small roadtrip, so we made plans to leave early and head on up there. Our original plan was to leave from my house (which is closer to the route we take up there) and head out around 7-8 am. Well after some monsterous portions of chinese food at his house sat night, not only did I not get my oil changed in the bike lik.e I needed to before we left, but we both passed out there. So needless to say, I ended up changing it in the morning before we left, than had to come home and feed my doggy and lube the chains, soooo we didn't end up leaving until 10:30...eek! Oh well, we head out on our way. This is his first somewhat long ride, so he wasn't quite sure what to expect

As we made our way up through N. Georgia, we were behind some D-bag on a Harley just putting along. I was behind him for quite a ways just minding my own business, not doing anything to him and leaving plenty of space between us. So what does he do?? He ***** his head to the right (the side I was on behind him), and he SPITS! Ok seriously... WTF?? Luckily it didn't hit me or my buddy, but damn how inconsiderate do you really have to be? I pulled into a gas station to let him get aways ahead cuz he was driving me nuts... kept slowing down, speed up, slow down, speed up, ect... ugh

Anyways, got up there, went up the dragon which kinda sucked cuz we got stuck behind a pickup with Florida plates most of the way, and they were literally craaawwwwlllling the whole way up [:@] Now the fun part.... got past the overlook and headed down the other side of the dragon into Tennessee, the road straightens out quite a bit so I'm just enjoying the scenery, completely lost track of my speed and the speed limit. Got pulled over, 70 in a 40 zone, and on top of that I didn't see him behind me for quite a ways apparently, lol. The headlight strobes in his Explorer weren't working so I couldn't tell I was being pulled over until he was right on my *** and bleeped the siren a couple times. 2 officers pulled us over, then 2 more showed up, as they apparently thought we were running (I would never run, btw). They were really nice though and let us go with just a warning after everything was cleared up. Of course my buddy got the hot female cop that comes up to him and says "oh my god you're sweating so bad, you need to lay down in the air conditioning for a little bit and cool off!" So he went and sat in the A/C in her squad car whi.le everything was being taken care of. After all is said and done, we head down the road a few more miles looking for a restaurant, we go to turn around in this road going to a boatramp, and my buddy goes into the grass just a little bit, and for whatever reason the front wheel slips out and down he goes. No damage to him or the bike other than a broken mirror, except they both landed in goose poo, haha. As we're picking it up, we see the sheriff car pulling in.... same cop, says "man it just isn't your day today, is it?". Guess not!

All said and done, we both had a good time regardless. Made it back to my house safely around 11 pm, ate some dinner and passed out... about 450 miles total, so not bad for a day. My bike set a record high MPG of 49 MPG, and Jereds F4i got 52 MPG... not bad at all. Work has been kinda stressful lately (we both work at the same place) so we both needed to get away for a little bit and go somewhere... this fit the bill pretty good. Sadly, as seen above, I have no pics. My dumbass left my camera on the kitchen counter on the charger.. doh! Sooo I apologize for so much text and no pics... I know it's not l.ike me Next time though, I promise!

This is the only pic I do have from the journey. He had to write 55 on the warning instead of 70 otherwise he would get in trouble for only issuing a warning. 30 over and not stopping right away, and getting away with a warning... I ain't complaining one bit!!
Name:  warning.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  93.2 KB

Old 08-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Had a nice ride yesterday, and a pleasant run in with the PoPo too

And some people are paranoid about posting pics with their license plate uncovered! Wow you're pretty trusting Glad to see that you only got a warning. I recently got a ticket and it was a rather unpleasant experience. That would have added a sour note to your day.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:55 AM

Hmm...I go by my middle name too! Congratulations on avoiding a citation. Funny that they misspell the word "monetarily" down at the bottom of their ticket form.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:40 AM

mm...hot blonde cop..did she go sit in the car wi.th him? Yea...that citation...its not lik.e you were intentionally blowing through there...just a common mistake

Old 08-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Hmm...I go by my middle name too! Congratulations on avoiding a citation. Funny that they misspell the word "monetarily" down at the bottom of their ticket form.
Yea I don't know why he wrote it li.ke that... I don't go by my middle name (David), and he even asked me if I went by that, and I said no. Why he wrote it backwards on the warning, I have no idea, lol

Old 08-05-2008, 07:42 AM

did he ask the hot blonde out? cmon.....its good to have the law on your side!