Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Went for a ride yesterday

Old 03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went for a ride yesterday

On Saturday, my wife andI stopped at cycle gear to look around and I see this dude who was in my motorcycle safety class. He's on his GSXR 750 (which he had when we took the course)and he asks me where there is a good place to go ride. I told him about a couple of places and he asked if I wanted to go ride on Sunday. Told him sure.

So, Sunday we meet up and ride through the Sam Houston National Park. A couple of turns into the state park and I am leading going through a fairly easy S turn. The guy on the gixxer was behind me and three other bikes were behind him. The suggested speed limit was 45 and I entered the second turn at about 55. Accelerated through, no biggie. When I get into the straight away I look into my mirror and see a headlight on the side of the road and another headlight on the other side. Oh **** was my thought.

I turn around to see what happened and the guy on the gixxer overshot the turn, hit the gravel and ate it. The bike behind him hit the brakes in the turn and was able to stop. The rider behind him hit the brakes and lost it in the turn and skidded into the other lane.

The dude on the gixxer apparently hit the brakes in the turn which stood the bike up and off the road he went. Both riders were ok and there was only road rash and handle bar damage on both bikes. Could of been worse.

The ironic thing is the rider who was directly behind the gixxer told him he probably needs to take a motorcycle safety course. I apologized to the three riders and told them I had just met him in the MSC. They said our speed was fine he just slowed down and didn't look through the turn.

The guy on the gixxer said this was his third bike. We were not in the same class since they break it out into groups. He did say before we started the ride that he barely passed the rider test but he blamed the instructor.

I felt embarrassed. [/align]

Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Default RE: Went for a ride yesterday

Wow that sucks, glad no one was to seriously hurt. Not to be a dick but sounds like the typical GIXXER rider.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Retired Moderator

Riding in groups is a blast, but with varying levels of skill, you have to make sure everyone is cool to go at their own pace. This guys sounds like he had a few problems, though. I don't think you should feel embarrased by what happened. It is not your fault he wrecked. It is too bad others were affected, but they should have made allowances to avoid that (riding further back, scanning more intensely, etc.). It is good everyone ended up okay.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:09 PM

Tri-ax - The weekend before there was another gixxer in the trees. He was hurt pretty bad. Ambulance was there so we didn't stop but he had been down for a while.

VooDoo - I guess some people want to make themselves to me more than that are. By the way he talked I told him if he felt I was going too slow to pass me up and I would catch up to him.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:22 PM

Good call thats the way we ride down here if someone is tooslow we stop at a place where we can all catch back up usually happens to be Hooters.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:01 PM

Not to be a dick but sounds like the typical GIXXER rider.
Let the Gixxer bashing begin.............................

Old 03-05-2007, 06:09 PM

I work at a dealership and day after day i get phone calls from young guys all needing new plasctic for their less than a year old GSXR. Most of them when i ask what happened were only wearing a helmet for gear.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:57 PM

I dont see what people see in a Suzuki, i owned 1 it was a atv and it was junk, 2005 model piece of junk. A friend of mine owned a 04 GSXR600 and when you revved that thing it sounded like a Chevy Camaro rattled like hell, I have saw high mileage Suzukis but they have been rebuilt 15 times, unlike the Honda with 500,000 miles on it and only needing tires and oil changes. My $.02 worth

Old 03-06-2007, 12:02 AM

Damn that sucks, but we should not be ignorant to the fact of our own riding skill. Ride your own pace....

Old 03-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

Not to be a dick but sounds like the typical GIXXER rider.
Let the Gixxer bashing begin.............................
Not sure whats goin on with gixxers lately on this forum, but maybe when the sun, earth, and moon align just right,this is what happens.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Went for a ride yesterday