Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gym rats, get in here

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007 | 12:54 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Default RE: Gym rats, get in here

The condition in which fishfryer mentioned does occur it has occurred more often than you think. I have seen it occur with those humping their rucksack and extra gear, and also seen it occur in the gym. There are other things that can cause it like hypoglycemia, along with several other things. I don't know where the conclusion come from that the answer can be found. Just by bloodwork. It'll take a little more diagnosis than that to determine what is actually going on, and I'm not going to armchair quarterback this one it could be very serious and doesn't need to be overlooked. So seek out some true medical professional advice start with a D.O. or a M.D. and if you feel, a chiropractor can help most definitely see one
BTW
here's a link to the other gym thread that has been running for a while here at the forum
https://cbrforum.com/m_403728/tm.htm

Old 11-09-2007 | 01:24 PM
|

ORIGINAL: Spieluhr

ORIGINAL: scattabrain

Make sure you eat a lot. Your body needs all the nurishment you can throw at it to repair those muscles.

Also...are you breathing properly? That could be a cause of the dizziness and tingling.
exactly what I was thinking.

Also, are you on any supplements? creatine used to give me WICKED migraines and dizziness so I don't take that any more.

Also how much is "plenty" of fluids? If you're not drinking a gallon offluids a day (4 nalegenes), you're not drinking enough.

Again, make sure you take in those carbs and calories. Whole wheats, fruits, etc. If you wanna see gains in the gym eat at least 3000 cal a day. Gotta eat like an animal to become one! (but eat like a smart animal)
I am not working out to gain weight, I just do it for a habbit, and no I don't take supl cause I don't like them, I used to take them though a while back. On a daily basis I probably get 2000cal or so at the most, I dont' eat much cause either I get sick if I eat too much or I am just not hungry.

Old 11-09-2007 | 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: hellboytt

I am not working out to gain weight, I just do it for a habbit, and no I don't take supl cause I don't like them, I used to take them though a while back. On a daily basis I probably get 2000cal or so at the most, I dont' eat much cause either I get sick if I eat too much or I am just not hungry.
this is a problem man. How often do youwork out a week?At what time of the day? When's the last time you eat before you workout? There's a reason you are told to take in on average of 2000 calories a day. And if you live an active lifestyle, like one with lifting and working out, your body needseven moreenergy.

may sound weird, but if you eat more often, and more calories in your case, you will feel much better and look much better. Your body should never be hungy because at that point your metabolism is shutting down and not burning those calories like it should so you are less efficient. Eat every 2-3 hrs in small meals to keep going. Men's Health or Muscle & Fitness usually have some great meal plans in every issue that you can build off of, you can customize it however you want but it gives you an idea of how your body works.

Old 11-09-2007 | 06:02 PM

God eating every few hours. That must be expensive and annoying.

Old 11-09-2007 | 07:41 PM
Retired Moderator

If you are working out on a regular basis (3-4 times a week), you need more that 2000 calories a day. That is good to sustain you if you sit on the couch all day. I would say closer to 3000 per day and as much as 4000 per day if you are looking to gain. That is good food. split your carbs, fats, and proteins. I'd start with that. Eat some food, man!!! You are starving your body. When you lift, your body takes the protein you eat and uses it as food. If you do not provide your body with food, it starts to eat your muscle. Feed the beast, feead the beast, feed the beast...oh yeah...FEED THE BEAST!!! Get some protein powder or meal replacement bars to help out. It is expensive to eat right, and takes some planning, but it will kepp you from feeling like **** when you work out.

Old 11-09-2007 | 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl
It is expensive to eat right...
This is why I stay skinny. I R POOE

Old 11-09-2007 | 07:52 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Nauree

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl
It is expensive to eat right...
This is why I stay skinny. I R POOE
Yeah...it costs a **** pot of money to eat right. That is a bunch of crap. If you add up your grocery bill to include supliments, protein, meal replacement bars, and grocerys (chicken breast, lean beef, fresh veggies, nuts, whole grains,etc.)you have to have a sponsor to afford it ! Or...you can go down to the local deli and get two corndogs for 99 cents..only in America. [:@]

Old 11-21-2007 | 11:16 PM
|

Well I've been feeling like **** lately and doctors seem do nothing but take money and no answears so I got me one of those machines that mesure sugar level and I am going to test myself and see what's up. So far I've tested myself earlier in the day and had a 99, tested myself just a few minutes ago and I am at 91. I am going to work out and see where it goes, and if I'll have one of those panic attacks at night again I am going to mesure it right there and then ( I had those for the past 2 nights again[:@]). I'll post some results.

Old 11-22-2007 | 12:17 AM

Stop all the gym activities immediately, stop eating anything beyond normal (protien shake, creatine) and get medical attention as soon as possible.

Hitting the gym can be continued once you really know what is the real problem. And yes continue with the blood test too.

Old 11-22-2007 | 12:34 AM
|

well I've got some results, when I started working out I was at 90, 10 min into work out it went up to 103, then as I continued it droped back to 90s, then 80's and at one point it went all the way down to 70, I am relaxing right now and it at 78.
I am not exactly sure, but shouldn't your sugar levels go up when you're doing physical work and stay there??