Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

need some input from all you gym rats

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some input from all you gym rats

basically i went a little overboard over the holidays and need to get back to the gym. just not really sure of what a good workout schedule would be. i know everyone is different and what not but i just need a little input to get me started. i have a 24hr gym about 5 mins from my work and my thoughts were to go do some cardio in the mornings before work and then after work go hit some weights. any help would be great, thanks.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Default RE: need some input from all you gym rats

less is more.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

a healthy, 120 pound, blonde

[:-]

Old 01-15-2009, 12:15 PM

thats how i got here. less exercise=more me. lol

Old 01-15-2009, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: td3692

thats how i got here. less exercise=more me. lol
hahah I love it!!!!!

as far as working out I am no body builder but I am in good shape but the way I do is way different then most people. I dont like going to the gym because it is just people trying to show off and mouth off to others so what I do is every other day I go rollerblading 35-40 miles and I go through town that way when I get to a red light and I have to wait I use the cross walk signals and do pull ups until the light turns green for me. by the end of the work out I am tired as all hell but it feels amazing the next day! when it is wet which makes rollerblading hard I grab my bike and go for a long ride, I just like the out doors more thenrunning in one spot on a treadmill.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:52 PM

you should do cardio before every work-out(ex. 30 min on the bike or stepper)to get your heart rate up for a good work-out.
you can just do cardio but you will get a much better work-out with weights when you get you heart rate up before lifting.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:12 PM

Mon/Wed/Fri - lift

Tues/Thurs - cardio

weekend - rest

Old 01-15-2009, 05:24 PM

You can work out til you can't feel your muscles any longer but diet is key to getting where you want. I would advise cleaning up your diet, eat smaller healthier meals 4 -5 times a day and get to the gym 3-4 times a week for some cardio and strength training.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: rons93rr

you should do cardio before every work-out(ex. 30 min on the bike or stepper)to get your heart rate up for a good work-out.
you can just do cardio but you will get a much better work-out with weights when you get you heart rate up before lifting.
based on your goals this is not really true... for me, who is trying to build muscle all cardio before weights is going to do is decrease the amount of weight and reps i can do with the weights, that is not to say that a 5 min jog to get the juices flowing is a terrible thing ... i always do cardio at the end basically whatever i can till im at exhaustion

Old 01-15-2009, 10:37 PM

Depends what you want to be quite honest. I have been doing the gym thing crazy for over a year and love the hell out of it. It all comes down to your goal as was said above. Everybody is different and react different to the different regiments, plus it also depends how hardcore you wanna be with it. Personally my regiment is 6 days, all broken up and gone from 189, to 219, to 203 and now at a balanced weight of 212-215. Of course accounting for water weight. On top of that, taking crazy stacks to increase and decrease different things. Sorry if it seems like a thread jack, but if you can go from barely pushing 55 on the bench to 285 in under a year, I think that is hella progress. Either way, it depends if you are more specific in what you would like holler at me and I might be able to give you some pointers. [8D]

Quick Reply: need some input from all you gym rats