Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

A factory installed Power Commander is a nifty idea. More along the lines of novelty, personally.

This isn't the same as a factory installed PC. This is ignorant. On one hand, they call it, "engine mapping." On the other, they call it a liter bike, then a 750, then a 600 all at the push of a button.

A PC does not make your CBR RR go from a liter bike into a 600cc bike.

AND YEAH - I"M SURE PEOPLE DO SAY, "IT"S AWESOME!" GEE, I WONDER WHY? YOU"VE EFFECTIVELY ALLOWED THEM TO ABANDON THOUGHT ON A PLETHORA OF SKILLS THAT WERE ONCE CONSIDERED... RIDER SKILL! NOW THEY JUST PUSH A BUTTON AND THEIR WHEELS DONT SLIDE, THEIR FRONT ENDS DONT FLY UP, TEHY CAN MAKE A MISTAKE ON THE THROTTLE BY HAMMERING WHEN THEY SHOULDN"T AND NOW THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE!!!

Can you tell I'm annoyed?

Here's the deal. Yeah, lap times, tire longevity and top speeds may increase and improve - but no thanks to rider skill. Riders of today will outride those of 20 years from now all day long on stock bikes. When I say stock, I mean, no BS. A bike off the floor. Not one with ignorant A,B,C switches.

Go ahead, buy a new GSX-1000R. I'll call you asissy-boy to your face!
have you ridden a k7 gsxr1000 ?

Old 04-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Banned

And why the **** would I want to? Haven't you read anything here?

Not trying to be a dick, but c'mon!

Old 04-14-2007, 01:01 AM

I still say Suzuki will be the first company to release a factory installed wheelie button that has a built in gyroscope, that when activated, will prevent the bike from looping.

Mark my words...
Beat them to it. You would make a bunch of money!!!

Old 04-15-2007, 01:20 PM

And why the **** would I want to? Haven't you read anything here?

Not trying to be a dick, but c'mon!

okay, I kinda see where ya'll are coming from on this but the level of hatred towards Suzuki over something stupid like this seems a little crazy
The way I see it Suzuki knows new riders buy 1000s out of sheer stupidity (there is a thread in this very section posted yesterday about a new rider buying a 1000RR), Suzuki is actually doing something to keep these idiots from killing themselves while at the same time making it possible for racers to have traction control for pennies on the dollar what it would cost just a year ago, so if Suzuki had this little gadget and didn't use it they really would be retarded...

yes manufacturers are making bikes easier to ride fast but like I said with slipper clutches, that forces you to learn proper skills rather than having to learn skills specificially for working around problems the bike gives you

the motorcycle industry like any other will evolve, technology will make the bikes better, faster, and whether you like it or not, safer. Some people will always love change and new technology, some will always hate it its just how the world goes round and all that

Old 04-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned

My whole point is that no one is going to use that switch for any period of time, and Suzuki has to know that.

If they were responsible riders in the first place, they wouldn't be buying a liter bike to begin with (new riders).

Old 04-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

In all honesty, it seems, to me anyway, that this is a way for Suzuki to wash their hands clean of any responsibility... "Well, we put a power switch on it... they should have used it."

Now, we all know that it's ultimately not Suzuki's responsibility to do anything other than sell bikes, but...

I dunno - it's flippin' retarded. Maybe if it was an option instead of standard then more race savvy people mihgt be buying them and using them as opposed to having some jackass salesman now having the ultimate selling tool...

"Why would you want to buy the 600cc when you'll tire of it in 6 months. This way you can have the 600cc and when you feel good about it, hit that switch." You follow me? I don't like it. As if we didn't have enough shady salesmen talking new riders into liter bikes.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:12 PM

sorry but it sounds like your just looking for a reason to have a problem with suzuki...

the only semi-logical reason I've heard that they wouldn't put it on there is the shady salesmen thing but Suzuki probably doesn't see dealership as salesmen as con artists like you obviously do sothatsnot even a factor to them
in a corporateor bike developement standpoint it is something that street riders could use in bad weather or just for cruising around when you don't need all that horespower and it gives racers a huge benefit
to Suzuki its a win-win, I don't see how they can be critisized for somethign like this, nobody is forcing anybody to use it and its not like they are directing their advertisements to first time riders, if your salesmen is trying to do that take issue with him not Suzuki

I mean hell even their TV ads are about Schwantz and taking the 1000s to the track with experieced riders

imo Suzuki is a great company that makes great bikes, I'm not saying they are better than Honda or anything but for some reason Honda riders have a bad tendency to blame Suzuki for who rides their bikes on the street. People talk all the time about how squids ride suzukis and all that crap but all Suzuki ads I've seen are on the race track in full leathers, their posters are almost entirely Mladin and Spies on a race track (or Schwantz)

Suzuki pours more money intoclub racing in the US than any other manufacturer, they host the SuzukiCup races everyyear andgivetheir privateers/club racers a chance to earn some good money and even take home a brand new bike if they win one of the cupraces (SV650, SV1000, 600, 750, and 1000)plus they have offered the best contingency money for quite a few years

Old 04-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned

I'm not, "searching" for anything man. And no, I don't see salesmen as con artists - that's a bit harsh. However, it is in their nature to sell you the biggest and best they possibly can, often times at the buyers expense.

My whole point is.... WHY BUY THE BIKE IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE A BUTTON THAT LIMITS IT'S POWER? IF YOU'RE FLICKING THAT SWITCH TO "C" BECAUSE OF WEATHER - THEN YOU BOUGHT TO BIG A BIKE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

That's my point.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:16 PM

what I don't get is why a SWITCH that can be completely ignored or even taken off inspires such hatred from you? Nobody is forcing anybody to use it, and if (as you said) nobody uses it then why does it even matter to you? as I said, no its not needed its just there if somebody wants to use it AND it gives racers a starting point for an incredibly cheap and effective traction control system

I can see how it would be a non-issue but I don't see how you think its a horrible thing to have??? You've pointed out repeatedly how its not necessary but you haven't given a reason why it should not be there at all, its certainly not a bad thing to have, even if you never use it, its just a switch not something that cuts the power whenever it feels like

thats what I mean when I said your just looking for a reason to dislike Suzuki, your hating on the company for doing something that ATABSOLUTE WORSTdoesn't affect anything at all andAT BESTgives privateer and club racers affordable traction control or new riders that bought a bike out of stupiditiy an option to keep themselves from doing something completely retarded. Where is the bad?

I mean holy crap you just said suzuki sucks because they put a switch on the bars that you don't need...

I guess I hate them all for putting a back seat onsportbikes cause I don't like other people riding with me...
or I hate Honda for putting a sensor on the kickstand, I mean damn I'm not dumb enough to ride without putting the kickstand up...
whats with these damn shift lights? I figure that out for myself, remind me to boycott bikes that have those from now on...
I need to remind my friends that don't ride on the track that they need to stay far away from bikes that have a built in lap timer cause God forbitd there be something on their bike they don't use...
plus those bastards put a clock on my tach! I've got a watch what do I need that clock for? I'm never buying a motorcycle again just for that...

now granted those are exagerated quite a lot but from my view your critisizing a manufacturer and bashing a motorcycle for one feature just because you don't think its absolutely necessary (despite having massive potential for the future)

Old 04-15-2007, 04:29 PM

as far as weather, yes ideally we should all be confortable with whatever bikes we have in the rain or in the dry
we should also all know how save a rear wheel slide or ride out a tank slapper, how to brake perfectly in an emergency, know what the perfect lane position is for any situation, etc Thats all great for a perfect world but guess what, we're not all that comfortable in every situation and sometimes people DO buy a motorcycle they aren't ready for, its always been that way and it always will be this at least gives the option of lowering the power for those times when a newer rider realizes they're in over their head, again key word here is OPTION

for the salesmen, you said shady I exagerated that a little to prove my point A company doesn't usually assume the poeple selling their products worldwide are trying to trick and manipulate people into buying, they try to make the best product at the best price and give the salesmen something good to sell, suzuki did that

Quick Reply: GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.