Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.

Try this again. Sorry if they come out bad.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: outsider8

like or dislike-the k7 gsxr1000 is f***ing brutal!!

Dude I have to comment on you avatar, it is hilarious [sm=icon_rofl.gif]everytime I see that cat bouncing aroundit makes me laugh!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Banned

Hey Woody - I understand what you're saying about slipper clutches and traction control. What I'm saying is that used to be a right of passage, learning the ropes if you will.

I don't care what year it is, you still have to break a few eggs if you want to make an omelette. It just seems to me that manufacturers are trying everything possible to keep from having to break eggs.

You gotta break eggs to learn... well, you used to. I don't like it. Any of it.

Also, CBRCRF - that stuff is WAAYY too small to read. I hate to ask... but can you rescan it and not shrink it so much? Haha, sorry bro, I can't read it. Maybe just scan the part of the article that explains this apparent, "600cc, 750cc and 1000cc" switch. That's all I really want clarification on anyway. Everything I could find basically describes the switch as a power commander, not a power reducer.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:53 PM

This page has most of the info.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

Okay, thanks.

I've changed my mind.

Suzuki is the most retarded company in the world. How ignorant.

"Here's a Ferrari but we've spent millions on R&D to accomodate those uninitiated in the Ferrari's power. What we've come up with is 2 different sizes of wooden blocks. When you first drive the car, place the fat block, blcok C under the gas pedal. This prevents you from hammering the throttle before you're ready. When you are ready, place block B, the thinner of the two, under the pedal. Finally, after a week of driving the Ferrari, take all blocks and toss them in the trash because you are now ready for the power."

****ing retarded.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:25 PM

Again...in a racing track sense...this is good...for the expert or pro rider...

Also, it all depends on how it is used.

If there were no traction control...no "B or C" setting...the bike would still put out thesame BHP.

The guys in Moto GP...Valentino Rossi...Nicki Hayden...etc...all use traction control now...
We have come a long way from the flagrant spitting and banging in the pipes of the 2002 MotoGP machines from Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Aprilia, to today´s milder popping from Ducati and Kawasaki and the almost unnoticeable systems that allow the RC211V Hondas and the Yamaha M1s to accelerate, wheels almost perfectly in line, out of low gear corners with the throttle wide open.
Originally Posted by [b
RANDY MAMOLA:][/b] (four times runner up in 500, a factory rider with Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda and Cagiva with 13 wins and 54 podium appearances…and still fast on anything that has two wheels.)]

Here is how it is. Let’s say we’ve got some big street bikes, R1s, CBRs, ZXs, GSX-Rs, and a lot of normal street riders on them, but what they don’t know is that we’ve put a MotoGP traction control system on their bikes. We send them out on the track at Cataluyna but without turning on the wheelie-control, launch control, traction control and without working on the mapping to make the bike more rideable in lower gears. Remember these things are making 160 to 170 HP. The guys are on race tires but they are scaring themselves, up out of the seat. They are good riders so they are lapping around 2 minutes, maybe 15 seconds slower that the MotoGP pace. So we bring them back in and ask them what problems they are having and, and, of course, it’s grip. The bikes are spinning, crossing up…and they are having trouble with engine braking too, the bikes getting out of line on the brakes. So we tell them to have a coffee while we work on their bikes and then we tell them that we have found some solutions and they all go out and come in, lapping a lot faster, maybe two seconds. That was from mapping. They all say it’s awesome!
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/motogp/25599/

Old 04-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Banned

What we've come up with is 2 different sizes of wooden blocks.
This is my vote for the best post of April 2007!!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

A factory installed Power Commander is a nifty idea. More along the lines of novelty, personally.

This isn't the same as a factory installed PC. This is ignorant. On one hand, they call it, "engine mapping." On the other, they call it a liter bike, then a 750, then a 600 all at the push of a button.

A PC does not make your CBR RR go from a liter bike into a 600cc bike.

AND YEAH - I"M SURE PEOPLE DO SAY, "IT"S AWESOME!" GEE, I WONDER WHY? YOU"VE EFFECTIVELY ALLOWED THEM TO ABANDON THOUGHT ON A PLETHORA OF SKILLS THAT WERE ONCE CONSIDERED... RIDER SKILL! NOW THEY JUST PUSH A BUTTON AND THEIR WHEELS DONT SLIDE, THEIR FRONT ENDS DONT FLY UP, TEHY CAN MAKE A MISTAKE ON THE THROTTLE BY HAMMERING WHEN THEY SHOULDN"T AND NOW THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE!!!

Can you tell I'm annoyed?

Here's the deal. Yeah, lap times, tire longevity and top speeds may increase and improve - but no thanks to rider skill. Riders of today will outride those of 20 years from now all day long on stock bikes. When I say stock, I mean, no BS. A bike off the floor. Not one with ignorant A,B,C switches.

Go ahead, buy a new GSX-1000R. I'll call you asissy-boy to your face!

Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

Haha, thanks Fish!

Old 04-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Banned

I still say Suzuki will be the first company to release a factory installed wheelie button that has a built in gyroscope, that when activated, will prevent the bike from looping.

Mark my words...

Quick Reply: GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.